Can you dodge off vehicles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you dodge off vehicles?

This may add to the repertoire of moves infantry can do if they're fighting a Goliath, especially since the dodge jump is gone.

What do you mean?

Comment

Dodge off of vehicles like you can dodge off of walls?

Comment

Yes, sorry for the vagueness. Will they be coded to be like walls and other surfaces?

Comment

We know they're coded so you can't ride on top of 'em... I haven't heard anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
            Dodge off of vehicles like you can dodge off of walls?
            That would be really difficult, player collision with a moving object is never easy, 2142 is a good example, too many players on a titan and the server lags like hell, even more and it crashes, it's because the titan is moving and all player collision always has to take that into account, would be easier if the players where instanced into the titan or something the like, but that's how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
              That would be really difficult, player collision with a moving object is never easy, 2142 is a good example, too many players on a titan and the server lags like hell, even more and it crashes, it's because the titan is moving and all player collision always has to take that into account, would be easier if the players where instanced into the titan or something the like, but that's how it is.
              It is difficult to handle the physics calculations in that situation. However it would be easy to allow wall dodging off of vehicles because physics calculations are not needed.

In UT2004, when you attempt to wall dodge, the game performs a simple trace in the opposite direction of the wall dodge attempt. If world geometry or a static mesh is detected nearby, you perform a wall dodge. It would be easy to modify UT2004 to allow "wall dodging" off of players, vehicles, and even projectiles if you wanted.

Comment

We know they're coded so you can't ride on top of 'em... I haven't heard anything else.
                cant even ride on top of a tank? lol i know if u try riding on the wings of a manta....gibs everywhere haha
                but tanks moving slowly...but oh well u can tag along using the hoverboard grapple. no need to ride on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
                  cant even ride on top of a tank? lol i know if u try riding on the wings of a manta....gibs everywhere haha
                  but tanks moving slowly...but oh well u can tag along using the hoverboard grapple. no need to ride on top.
                  Or just overtake the tank on your board

Comment

I still think that the hoverboard can get u fast near the slow enemy vehicles and it wont be an EZtarget.If a goliath cant get u while away(due to hover speed) with a flak( near) u can easily destroy it.I hope it wont affect balance.

Comment

I can dodge bullets

Comment

On second thought, perhaps I'm reading too much into what I read. You can't ride anywhere on top of a Manta, but they may not have disallowed it on larger vehicles.

UT3 IRC Community Chat

• sMURF: has the manta changed at all from 2k4? faster/slower? more/less powerful?
                        [Epic]Checker: Manta is definately changed
                        [EPIC]Mysterial: the manta now has less strafing ability, slightly less top speed, and on level ground cannot crush crouched players
                        [EPIC]Mysterial: also our vehicle collision is much better so less of the engine instagibbing you because it couldn't figure it out
                        [bu]hal:` can you ride on top of it (not on the blades)
                        [EPIC]Mysterial: no
                        [Epic]Checker: I think that is disabled
                        [Epic]stuman: no more mantavans as far as i know
                        [EPIC]Mysterial: not anywhere
                        [Epic]stuman: you can grapple onto it though using the hoverboard
                        [Epic]stuman: which is great for pulling people along, you can use the jumps in some of the levels and the player grappling on
                        [Epic]stuman: will go with you
                        [Epic]Checker: 4 dudes on a manta with link guns was uber Still can do it if you all walk, but not with manta speed
                        [Epic]DrSiN: The hoverboard really removes the need for tricks like that.
                        [Epic]Dave: grappling on the hoverboard is uber useful.. just dangerous
                        [BU]_Lynx: one can grapple only to vehicles or to another hoverboards too?
                        [Epic]stuman: you cant grapple to other hoverboards

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                          Or just overtake the tank on your board
                          lol yeah thats true...tanks dont go that fast...they mighta been changed tho a lil faster than UT2004...havent seen any1 in a tank yet

Comment

Well i heard you couldn't ride the mantas but i didn't hear about the cars.....maybe you can give me a link to keep me updated

Comment

Working...
                            X