Ut3 gameplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'm used to ut2k4 movement but ill learn the new movement when i get the game ........... well every 1 will

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ive been playing UT 99 for 3 years or so , then i decided to go to 2k4, and it was fun. but i always said that UT99 is still the best. Im realy hoping that UT3 gets as close to UT99 as possible and goes beyond the gameplay of 99. New inovative stuff has come up , like that time slower thingymagig. And another thing i really hope to see some old maps in a new jacket.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is NOT! just like UT99 and it is NOT! just like UT2004 it is a combination of the two styles and a completly new game it will feel wierd to everyone...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Back when when I was playing UT2k3, i was bugged back to play a few rounds of good o' UT99. Instead of picking up from where i left off I found out that the controls were completely ALIEN to me, no matter how much i configured the mouse sensitivity it just wasn't behaving like i wanted it to.

I lost completely all of my accuracy in UT99 so i ended up playing spammer with the RL's spread shooting... I still had my wits and map-tricks so i was still a threat and it was fun - but the main thing is, both are completely different game in terms of mouse control and dodging... play either too long and u'll lose out on the other through conditioning.

Guess i'll just praccy my **** off when UT3 comes out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    all this UT99 talk makes me want to install it again and give it a whirl.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by noob.icon View Post
    I got the anthology too... and for some reason UT is very weird to me. Like the gameplay laggs or something, I can aim fairly well on ut2k4 but on UT I cant aim if my life depended on it. Like mouse lag or something along those lines. Like my crosshair doesnt go where i want it to go (like its drunk or something...lol not too extreme though).

I just installed quake and i aim pretty well with quake, i dont know why i cant with UT. Oh well ... were only a couple weeks from ut3 demo so we can play it then.... i hope :x
    This is a bug that happens in UT99 with some graphics settings / computers. It's not a part of the game. So it you have that mouse lag, try changing vsync on/off, mouse settings from ingame or changing video card / mouse drivers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I recently went back to playing ut99 after playing 2k4 since it was out, and can't believe I moved to 2k4 in the first place.
    It's faster, more skilled, and more fun imo
    I think at launch, good ut99 players will have an advantage over good 2k4 players - give it a week or 2 and everyone will be even again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    3 words: Practice make perfect

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have some friends that have been pretty hardcore in UT99 (and still are), and they're all banking on UT3 being like 99, they're all still playing 99.

The gist I'm getting from a lot of the forums is that the general UT population thinks seasoned 99 players are going to have an easier time getting the jump on winning in competitive UT3 than 2K4 players will.

Personally I'm hoping it's not that similar to either, and that it truly feels like something unique where both camps have to learn and can't just jump in Day 1 and consistently top scoreboards.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I got the anthology too... and for some reason UT is very weird to me. Like the gameplay laggs or something, I can aim fairly well on ut2k4 but on UT I cant aim if my life depended on it. Like mouse lag or something along those lines. Like my crosshair doesnt go where i want it to go (like its drunk or something...lol not too extreme though).

I just installed quake and i aim pretty well with quake, i dont know why i cant with UT. Oh well ... were only a couple weeks from ut3 demo so we can play it then.... i hope :x

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its an entirely new game: its somewhere in between 2k4 and UT99, so everyone should be at an equal footing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    See thats the thing, ive played loads of UT2k4 like a lot of other people but those who have practiced at that arent going to feel at home with UT3 and its going to be that we have to start at the beginig to get good again, if anything we will be at a disadvatantage cos we will be trying to pull off UT2k4 moves which no longer exist.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if the gameplay is like the UT1 standard...i will be happy. been playing UT1 for a while again to get used to the feel of it...but yeah dude as Mort Q stated...each one is different

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lost king View Post
    Yeah i understand the game will have better grapihc than ut99 lol, i am just worrying about the gameplay.

But we'll see i guess,i have faith in epic
    The errrr.... ah hem... Demo will give us a good example of the gameplay.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Phayder View Post
    As your your graphical concerns, of course it doesn't look like that, UT1 is 8 years old :P

Epic has put a fair amount of work into making the enemies visible in UT3. How good of a job they've done remains to be seen.

Yeah i understand the game will have better grapihc than ut99 lol, i am just worrying about the gameplay.

But we'll see i guess,i have faith in epic

Leave a comment:

Working...
X