Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ut3 gameplay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ut3 gameplay

    Hey folks

    I heard about ut3 gameplay that it will be more closer than ut99.

    So i decide to try it and i buyed the anthology edition.

    Well , now i am a little circumspect , this is really weard comparate with the 2004 edition .

    And i cant say that i enjoy this, i dont understand a **** to what happen!!!

    The way to move and shot are really difficult, i was killed gods know
    how and the ennemy skin was really hard to see...

    So now i am affraid ,does ut3 gonne looks like that really????

    I really wait so much for this and ut 2004 is more than a game for me so i just hope i wont be disapointed

    #2
    After playing UT2, UT is going to feel weird.

    Play it for awhile until you learn the feel of it, and then decide. They do feel very different, which is partly why so many hardcore UT fans didn't like UT2.

    The same thing is going to happen with UT3. It's going to feel different, so you'll need to learn the feel of that too.

    That's a good thing, in my opinion.

    Comment


      #3
      As your your graphical concerns, of course it doesn't look like that, UT1 is 8 years old :P

      Epic has put a fair amount of work into making the enemies visible in UT3. How good of a job they've done remains to be seen.

      Comment


        #4
        Yeah with the video i've seen it looks more like hand to hand combat distance compared to UTK4 it sure will be something else but like the other guy said, it'll be a good thing. Keep your hammer (shield gun)close by lol

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Phayder View Post
          As your your graphical concerns, of course it doesn't look like that, UT1 is 8 years old :P

          Epic has put a fair amount of work into making the enemies visible in UT3. How good of a job they've done remains to be seen.

          Yeah i understand the game will have better grapihc than ut99 lol, i am just worrying about the gameplay.

          But we'll see i guess,i have faith in epic

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Lost king View Post
            Yeah i understand the game will have better grapihc than ut99 lol, i am just worrying about the gameplay.

            But we'll see i guess,i have faith in epic
            The errrr.... ah hem... Demo will give us a good example of the gameplay.

            Comment


              #7
              if the gameplay is like the UT1 standard...i will be happy. been playing UT1 for a while again to get used to the feel of it...but yeah dude as Mort Q stated...each one is different

              Comment


                #8
                See thats the thing, ive played loads of UT2k4 like a lot of other people but those who have practiced at that arent going to feel at home with UT3 and its going to be that we have to start at the beginig to get good again, if anything we will be at a disadvatantage cos we will be trying to pull off UT2k4 moves which no longer exist.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Its an entirely new game: its somewhere in between 2k4 and UT99, so everyone should be at an equal footing

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I got the anthology too... and for some reason UT is very weird to me. Like the gameplay laggs or something, I can aim fairly well on ut2k4 but on UT I cant aim if my life depended on it. Like mouse lag or something along those lines. Like my crosshair doesnt go where i want it to go (like its drunk or something...lol not too extreme though).

                    I just installed quake and i aim pretty well with quake, i dont know why i cant with UT. Oh well ... were only a couple weeks from ut3 demo so we can play it then.... i hope :x

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I have some friends that have been pretty hardcore in UT99 (and still are), and they're all banking on UT3 being like 99, they're all still playing 99.

                      The gist I'm getting from a lot of the forums is that the general UT population thinks seasoned 99 players are going to have an easier time getting the jump on winning in competitive UT3 than 2K4 players will.

                      Personally I'm hoping it's not that similar to either, and that it truly feels like something unique where both camps have to learn and can't just jump in Day 1 and consistently top scoreboards.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        3 words: Practice make perfect

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I recently went back to playing ut99 after playing 2k4 since it was out, and can't believe I moved to 2k4 in the first place.
                          It's faster, more skilled, and more fun imo
                          I think at launch, good ut99 players will have an advantage over good 2k4 players - give it a week or 2 and everyone will be even again.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by noob.icon View Post
                            I got the anthology too... and for some reason UT is very weird to me. Like the gameplay laggs or something, I can aim fairly well on ut2k4 but on UT I cant aim if my life depended on it. Like mouse lag or something along those lines. Like my crosshair doesnt go where i want it to go (like its drunk or something...lol not too extreme though).

                            I just installed quake and i aim pretty well with quake, i dont know why i cant with UT. Oh well ... were only a couple weeks from ut3 demo so we can play it then.... i hope :x
                            This is a bug that happens in UT99 with some graphics settings / computers. It's not a part of the game. So it you have that mouse lag, try changing vsync on/off, mouse settings from ingame or changing video card / mouse drivers.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              all this UT99 talk makes me want to install it again and give it a whirl.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X