Will we be able to use binds on PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will we be able to use binds on PS3

Hi, I haven't played UT since a LONG time but what I liked alot is that we could use binds with the user.ini on the PC versions. So my question is: Will we be able to ''mod'' our PS3 version with binds?

If not... I believe I will have to buy a new computer for UT3 instead of a PS3 (which I intend to buy only for UT3...)

I doubt it, I wouldn't be surprised if you could edit your controls, but stuff with on button release etc I doubt you can do unless you could dig in the files of the game, can you open the folders of other games and edit files in them?

Comment

You can rebind the keys. Such as space=jump to O=jump.

You can't however create custom binds and macro scripts as far as I'm aware.

Comment

Originally posted by Fyrburn View Post
        You can't however create custom binds and macro scripts as far as I'm aware.
        That's what I feared... Still I hoped that they would change the ingame hotkey selector so that we could bind stuff like:

Speech OTHER 13|TeamSay -=:] I got %H and %S remaining! [:=-|TeamSay -=:] I am located %L! [:=-

Like in the older UT games, when we used to type ` to open console, and then type set key F etc. etc.

Since we will be able to play with mouse and keyboard on PS3... why not use that feature

Comment

I would like to see another bind in the "ingame menu" to bind 2 weapons on the same key.

Yes we all can do it in the user.ini with the "pipedwitchweapons" thing (if the command stay the same) but it would be cool to have something like "1=WeaponsX + WeaponsY" directly in the menu.

I know it's maybe too late for that kind of request but I'm trying :P

Comment

I doubt it would be included for the simple reason of balance.

Controller players can't bind extra keys, so it's really just taking it too far to allow keyboard/mouse users to make custom binds.

Comment

Originally posted by Fyrburn View Post
              I doubt it would be included for the simple reason of balance.

Controller players can't bind extra keys, so it's really just taking it too far to allow keyboard/mouse users to make custom binds.
              But don't they already have a filter option in the PS3 server browser specifically for the kbm/controller balance issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Nirvelli View Post
                But don't they already have a filter option in the PS3 server browser specifically for the kbm/controller balance issue?
                They do, but there's a limit as to why it should be used.

If the majority of servers lock out keyboard/mouse users, then using it at all will become completely pointless.
                While Epic are not lying in saying there is keyboard and mouse support, the PS3 community will make it a worthless addition if you can't get a game online because of it.

Console gamers aren't used to things like scripts and macros as PC gamers are.
                All it takes is one person to find an exploit to give themself a monstrous advantage when using keyboard and mouse for everyone else to work out what he did after they see it happening, then every server to lock it out.

For example if you played UT99 you may remember the shock rifle boosting/bunny hopping.
                Someone boosts you with a shock rifle and you use the momentum to bunny hop across the map and back again, which resulted in a flag capture in 20 seconds or less from one end to the other.

While possible without scripts, it was much, MUCH harder.

While I highly doubt a robust engine like UE3 would contain such an obvious physics exploit, there always other similar systems to blow the "realism" way out the window and obtain a ludicrous advantage.

Comment

Working...
                X