Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are rockets and flak cannons going to dominate, just like every other FPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any weapon can dominate this game tbh, a mini or link can be extremely lethal with proper movement and aim, same goes for bio which needs alot of prediction (ditto for the combo).

Comment

In UT2k4 i found that i used, and owned with, most of the weapons except the following; shield gun (very rarely useful but can be), assult rifle, bio rifle, and minigun (i just dont thinks minigun kills fast enough)
      That still leaves sniper, rocket, flak, shock, and mabye link that domenate the DM playing field.
      So i dont think that rocket and flak will own everyone, because other weapons can take em out, and if the dodge jump is removed then other players will not be able to do the trick like 'running side dodge jumping' to get just above the other player and own them three rockets or a flak.

Comment

If u please tell me :How many rox will deliver a full load in UT3?3 or 6?

Comment

Originally posted by DrUnKenSTeiN View Post
          If u please tell me :How many rox will deliver a full load in UT3?3 or 6?

Comment

Originally posted by iron12 View Post
            Thanx m8.I wasnt sure.GaeL with 6 rox would have been something.Like Hiroshima or even worse.

Comment

Shock Rifles will dominate like in UT99.

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                Stryfe played the Ageia PhysX Tornado Mod at digitallife, afaik. That is not UT3, but rather a Mod based off of an Alpha (or possibly pre-Alpha) build of UT3.

Any or all of the weapons could have changed completely.

And if anyone takes this as a slag against Stryfe, you're wrong. I'm only putting what he said in its proper context.
                No, Stryfe played UT3, not a mod. The Ageia employees themselves told Stryfe the gameplay physics and weapons were unchanged. Why would he pay to go to digitallife to play something that wouldnt resemble the game?

And you say its pre-Alpha stage? Epic admitted they were already in Alpha stage several months ago, and now theyre just down to polishing the game. If anything theyre in mid beta phase, with a demo (possibly) just around the corner.
                The map was simply made by non-epic people to show off the Physx card with destructable environments, and none of the maps shipped with the game will be like it.

Comment

Originally posted by xi0s View Post
                  No, Stryfe played UT3, not a mod. The Ageia employees themselves told Stryfe the gameplay physics and weapons were unchanged. Why would he pay to go to digitallife to play something that wouldnt resemble the game?
                  I ran into this contextual issue a couple months ago when we talked about it. By mod some people are talking more about the fact the map is a custom map modified to take advantage of Aegia's physics engine heavily, not so much that the game itself was modified.

Comment

Originally posted by bojack13 View Post
                    Or any other large area-of-effect weapon, for that matter. If dodge jump's out then you have no defense against these kinds of weapons. Regular dodge isn't enough to get you out of the area of explosion. They could slow down the speed of the rockets but there's no info on any of this kind of balancing. Even in the last irc chat they made it a point not to give any info about them other that they do 100 damage with a direct hit. And slowing down the secondary fire of flak cannons wouldn't really make sense.
                    Why would you jump in front of someone with a big gun that wants to kill you? J/K

Comment

if y ask me the most useless weapon in the 2k4 was the primary fire of the assault rifle compare to that even the shield gun was weapon of mass destruction!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
                        I ran into this contextual issue a couple months ago when we talked about it. By mod some people are talking more about the fact the map is a custom map modified to take advantage of Aegia's physics engine heavily, not so much that the game itself was modified.
                        Mod is the word Mark Rein used. I admit that I likely am reading too much into it, and speculating what build it is.

However, there are many things in that version of the code that we have been told aren't yet finalized, for example the team colour saturation at a distance thing, the menus, etc.

We don't know what has changed in UT3 since they built that map... though that is true of all the other opportunities people have had to play.

Heck, teh demo isn't likely to be the same as the box copy.

Comment

people mostly spam with those 2 weapons, thats y i try to be as far as possible to kill my enemy with lg and sr....... but now its going to be only sr cus lg wont be in ut3 for now

Comment

Working...
                          X