Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midway releases official UT3 requirements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vendetta View Post
    Time to put my 8800 GTS to use!
    hehehehe
    ..mh..with my new system i'll haven't problem..will be better than the recommended system requirements..so..

Comment

How does a 7900 GS compare to a 7800 GTX?

Comment

Originally posted by vogel View Post
        Please note that a GeForce FX 5900 is not supported. The minimum system requirement for NVIDIA cards is a GeForce 6200. The original GeForce FX series shouldn't crash, but it won't run at acceptable framerates either.
        Thank you for the clarification! I wondered why nothing from the GeForce 5 series wasn't on the minimum requirement list.

Comment

Only minimum requirement I somewhat lack is the processor.

Oh well. Nice knowing, thanks Epic and Midway.

Comment

YAY for the official requirements YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

my video card will work great with 1 gig of memory and clocked at 800mhz

Comment

Now they only need to tell us the official released date !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal View Post
                  YAY for the official requirements YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  I'm happy as well. I have an X1650 XT, 2GB CAS2 RAM and an Athlon single core 2.4 GHz socket 939. I'm so excited I'll be able to survive. I mean I know it won't be a miracle but maybe I'll be able to put things on medium. (And perhaps even try some higher settings even if it does 2 or 3 fps just to see the eye candy.)

Me hopes demo comes out.

Comment

I've got a c2d e6300 @1,8ghz stock (god knows why...) with 2 gigs of hyperx and a x1900xt 256, guess i'll be running it at descent frame rates, though the details may not be cranked up to maximum...

Comment

Originally posted by Akolyte01 View Post
                      How does a 7900 GS compare to a 7800 GTX?
                      That depends on the game.

The 7900GS does slightly better on DOOM3 benchmark at 1600x1200 than the 7800GTX. But, it's also about 50% slower at 1600x1200 for the Battlefield benchmark. That may be due to DOOM3 being an older game designed to require less GPU memory. But, that's speculation on my part.

So, I do not believe you can really predict how they will compare on UT3, except to say 512mb is better than 256mb for running higher resolutions.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal View Post
                        Now they only need to tell us the official released date !!!
                        Did Epic actually release the hardware specs? Looks like it is just on some game website? It's not on their web site.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                          Did Epic actually release the hardware specs? Looks like it is just on some game website? It's not on their web site.
                          Midway sent a press release to a slew of sites.

Comment

Working...
                          X