Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midway releases official UT3 requirements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midway releases official UT3 requirements?

Kotaku's article on UT3's system requirements

Any confirmation would be appreciated

Originally posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Kotaku's article on UT3's system requirements

Any confirmation would be appreciated
    http://www.beyondunreal.com/daedalus...t.php?id=11034

Confirmed :-D

Comment

well all i gotta do is get a better grafix card and more RAM not that much heh

Comment

iv got everything required for Reccomended, but imgona buy me a brand new 8800gtx for the hell of it

Comment

yea well when you have a Dairy Queen budget it's hard to get a 8800 lol

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerk View Post
            yea well when you have a Dairy Queen budget it's hard to get a 8800 lol
            Well you could get an 8500 on a DQ budget...... If you want DX10, and on the off chance your system will ever run Vista

I ain't much better financially though

Comment

Looks like my current PC will handle the game. I guess I will get the play until I upgrade this year. I can also use my school hard drive and play on one of the systems at my collage.

Comment

and another

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/p...revealed.shtml

Comment

Time to put my 8800 GTS to use!

Comment

So now the real question is...

What does recommended imply in terms of detail/screen resolution settings?

So, I guess my 7950GT and AMD x2 4600 is good to go for good frame rates at medium high settings?

[edit]
                    (and 2GB of RAM)

I guess Gears for PC will play nicely too.

Comment

How would a 512 mb Radeon x1950 Pro do? Does anyone know yet whether the game runs better, in general, on ATI or nVidia cards?

According to video card benchmarking charts, certain games tend to run better on one brand's GPUs than the other. For example, ATI cards might mop the floor with the nVidia cards in Oblivion while nVidia's cards crush ATI's cards in Battlefield 2142.

Where will UT3 fall? Will it favor ATI or nVidia?

Comment

Another issue regarding the CPU requirements.

When they say that the minimum CPU speed is a single core at 2.2 Ghz, are they referring to a Pentium 4? After all, the Athlon 64 3200 at 2.2 Ghz is more like a Pentium 4 at 3.2 Ghz.

At another forum, a poster pointed out that the recommended speed for a dual core was 2.4 Ghz (as opposed to, say, 1.8), which almost suggests that the game has a primary single thread and helper threads.

This raises the question of whether a speedy single-core would be sufficient. Would a single core Opteron (or Athlon 64) overclocked to 2.75 Ghz (about the equivalent of a 3.8 Ghz Pentium 4) perform well in UT3?

It would also be neat to know whether or not a CPU's cache would come into play at all. Would a CPU with 1 MB cache outperform the exact same CPU but with 512 K?

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
                          Another issue regarding the CPU requirements.

When they say that the minimum CPU speed is a single core at 2.2 Ghz, are they referring to a Pentium 4? After all, the Athlon 64 3200 at 2.2 Ghz is more like a Pentium 4 at 3.2 Ghz.

At another forum, a poster pointed out that the recommended speed for a dual core was 2.4 Ghz (as opposed to, say, 1.8), which almost suggests that the game has a primary single thread and helper threads.

This raises the question of whether a speedy single-core would be sufficient. Would a single core Opteron (or Athlon 64) overclocked to 2.75 Ghz (about the equivalent of a 3.8 Ghz Pentium 4) perform well in UT3?

It would also be neat to know whether or not a CPU's cache would come into play at all. Would a CPU with 1 MB cache outperform the exact same CPU but with 512 K?

My guess is they built it to use whatever you have and the more you have the better looking the game will be. As for smoothness it's probably going to be the same (staying in recommended stuff)

Comment

hey guys i need sum help
                            i recently used ntune to FINE tune all my components
                            i got a lower score on 3dmark 06 so i reverted back to default
                            no my video cad gets 20fps less on every game i play
                            i cant fix it either
                            should i buy a new card or is it the pci-x bus? cuz i OC that too
                            some help would be apreciatted
                            i need all the fps i can get in this game

Comment

I dont think a card can give you less FPS if it's in default settings, either you dont remember the defaults right or it's a bit lower than. Tons of things can result in less FPS even your refresh rate of the monitor
                              If it's broken it's broken it does not give you less FPS cause it's sick or dieing

(My guess lol)

Comment

Working...
                              X