X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Release Date confusion

http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-71850.aspx

''Not long after Midway announced Unreal Tournament 3 would be moving out of the 2007 release timeframe on the PlayStation 3, Midway CEO David Zucker held a conference call to address how this would affect their financial situation through the rest of the year.

Zucker was very specific about the company's roadblocks on the PS3 platform, citing "technical issues with the Unreal Engine 3.0" with finishing work on the PS3 versions of Stranglehold and Area 51: Blacksite. Consequently, Area 51: Blacksite will be arriving three weeks after the Xbox 360 and PC versions drop at the end of October, while Stranglehold remains an unspecified fourth quarter release.

Midway says the technical issues on the PS3 have been ironed out, however, and following the release of Unreal Tournament 3 in early 2008, they expect the PS3 versions to arrive date and date with Xbox 360 and PC SKUs going forward. ''

ps3 version to arrive the same time 360 version? Am i insane or have they not even started on the 360 version..

Originally posted by 3AM View Post
    Am i insane or have they not even started on the 360 version..
    They've started, yes.

Comment

Hell NO!!!!!!! I thought this was a timed exclusive for ps3 epic!!!!! I am loosing all respect for them now! If its rellease is after 2007, im NOT getting it!!!!!!!!! end of story... i cant believe their doing this to long time fans!

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
        They've started, yes.
        have any proof? i havent heard anything about a 360 version, except that it wont be started until the ps3/pc version is done

Comment

Originally posted by middlemaniac View Post
          Hell NO!!!!!!! I thought this was a timed exclusive for ps3 epic!!!!! I am loosing all respect for them now! If its rellease is after 2007, im NOT getting it!!!!!!!!! end of story... i cant believe their doing this to long time fans!
          like if they cares about you, hardcore players will buy it, pacience is a virtue...

Comment

oh common, like you arnt ****** about this delay!

Comment

I'm not.
              Playing on PC like normal people.

Comment

oh common, like you arnt ****** about this delay!
                Ya, I'd be ****** if I bought a ps3 too.

Comment

have any proof? i havent heard anything about a 360 version, except that it wont be started until the ps3/pc version is done
                  What sort of proof do you want?

The angry threads when it got delayed?

Comment

OH!!! this quote "following the release of Unreal Tournament 3 in early 2008, they expect the PS3 versions to arrive date and date with Xbox 360 and PC SKUs going forward. ''

It just means AFTER UT3's release on the ps3, all games made by them will most likely be released on all platforms at the same time.

Comment

OH!!! this quote "following the release of Unreal Tournament 3 in early 2008, they expect the PS3 versions to arrive date and date with Xbox 360 and PC SKUs going forward. ''

It just means AFTER UT3's release on the ps3, all games made by them will most likely be released on all platforms at the same time.
                      oh...hmm..i would like some official confirmation though...because as far as i know the 360 version is still a long way off and if the ps3 version is delayed until the 360 version is done...well...wtf?...god i hate the internet and its rumors.

Comment

oh...hmm..i would like some official confirmation though...because as far as i know the 360 version is still a long way off and if the ps3 version is delayed until the 360 version is done...well...wtf?...god i hate the internet and its rumors.
                        I also saw this on another website..... The 360 version is a VER LONG way to go, and no the ps3 version is not delayed till the 360 version is done. PS3 version will release before 360, and Mark said they are trying to get it out this year.

Comment

yeah it suxs but they ganna try and deliver it b4 2008

Comment

You'll only play it on a PS3, but you're a longtime Unreal fan? Something doesn't add up there..

Comment

Working...
                            X