Warfare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warfare

I've read this GameSpot article http://uk.gamespot.com/events/leipzi...pslot;action;5
    It has some hints about playing Warfare.

Can someone write a "how we play it " guide 4 warfare(depented on all info they gave us till now)?Thanks in advance.

PS If there's a thread (up to date) that i didn't see(i've tried the search option already)just a link would be fine.

in before lock

Comment

Originally posted by zeitgeber View Post
      in before lock
      If I may ask, why would this thread be locked?

As for a how to play guide... Im pretty sure you can figure out most of how the gametype is played just by watching any interviews or other videos about the game, and I'm fairly certain that this info is listed somewhere.. (I think I remember reading it) Just do a few google searches if all else fails

Comment

Originally posted by TotalChaos View Post
        If I may ask, why would this thread be locked?

As for a how to play guide... Im pretty sure you can figure out most of how the gametype is played just by watching any interviews or other videos about the game, and I'm fairly certain that this info is listed somewhere.. (I think I remember reading it) Just do a few google searches if all else fails
        I found some sites.I was just wonderin if anyone has more info or knows more maybe?A thread here that has all info put together.

Comment

the Warfare mode just plays very similar to Onslaught from UT2004...wait and play the demo of UT3, then u can see for urself

Comment

You spawn, grab the orb next to you, whip out your hoverboard and hook up to the Manta speeding out of your base to enemy primary. Meanwhile your teammates drive/fly off to the nearest node. As soon as they complete that node, you use the orb to insta-capture your enemies primary FTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
              ...you use the orb to insta-capture your enemies primary FTW.
              Then the defenders will get their orb there...
              Then the attackers will get their orb there...

Overtime...

(Insert a Redeemer explosion somewhere in the list when superweapons are enabled)

Comment

Such optimists.

I can't wait to see the non-vehicle WAR map, and the some of the AS-like objectives.

Comment

If you kill the guy carrying the orb it resets soon after getting dropped unless taken up again by someone else on that team, just like CTF.

Comment

SO...instead of a Flag carrier(vCTF) we will have an Orb carrier.A mix of ONS and vCTF more or less.Do we now if the orb slows the carrier down?(when on foot and not in a vehicle)

Comment

The Orb Runner does not get slowed down. However, you can't enter any vehicle while carrying the Orb (or flag it seems). You can however, use your hoverboard, which is faster than running, but you can't use any weapons, and you will ragdoll if you take any damage.

Comment

He can't use a vehicle with it that I know though some really old videos show someone with an orb in a hellbender, and on a board you go sprawling if hit.

Comment

WARfare will suck on publics due to ORBs and SWs, but for the same reasons it will rock in organized matches

Comment

I really hope that the carrier can use vehicles(maybe not superfast or flying vehicles)If not he's either defensless or too slow.You must depend on teamwork.(we should have a sticky thread about TEAMWORK - lots of people still dont know what it is)

Comment

The hoverboard can grapple onto friendly vehicles and get a tow to move any faster (even flying vehicles).

From everything I've read, neither Flags nor Orbs are permitted in vehicles, and I think that that promotes teamwork.

As commented above, how it actually works on public servers is questionable.

I believe that it you want to, you can have your team FlagCarrier or OrbRunner show up on your radar, so that you can defend, assist, pick up fumbles...

I'm excited to give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                              X