Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 PS3 release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT3 PS3 release

(sorry folks but the thread on Midway stating that they "expect" a delay in the PS3 got accidentally deleted when one of the forum admins was trying to delete a particular post so here's a repeat of what I posted on this subject)...

As a public company, Midway felt an obligation to its shareholders to let them know about the possibility of a delay. Our goal is still to get the PS3 version of UT3 in stores before the end of 2007. However, we will only ship it once it’s ready and is the best game we can deliver.

In addition there is some good news as a little extra time in development means that now the PS3 version will have all of the same maps as the PC version whereas we previously expected to ship a fewer maps on console.

The PC version is still on track for November with a downloadable demo to be made available prior to retail release.

Which post were you trying to delete? lol.
    I'm too nosey for my own good

Comment

hum... i hope that post wasn't mine. (mentioning Crysis as an OT thing) *doh*

Comment

Thank you for clearing this up, Mark.

Comment

Hmm...i would have thought there would be an obscene amount of replies already on the slightly more confirmed release date.

Comment

Is there a demo coming for PS3 this month or the next? When you say it is on track for releasing by the end of 2007, does that mean that you guys are still trying to get it out on the planned november release? I thought the reason not all the maps were coming to the ps3 wasnt because of time, but because there wasn't enough RAM in the PS3. This is a timed release, so the xbox 360 verion will be delayed x amount of months depending on how much the PS3 one is delayed?

Comment

Originally posted by middlemaniac View Post
              Is there a demo coming for PS3 this month or the next? When you say it is on track for releasing by the end of 2007, does that mean that you guys are still trying to get it out on the planned november release? I thought the reason not all the maps were coming to the ps3 wasnt because of time, but because there wasn't enough RAM in the PS3. This is a timed release, so the xbox 360 verion will be delayed x amount of months depending on how much the PS3 one is delayed?
              No, the PS3 will not get a pre-launch demo.
              And no, we won't see a November release of the PS3 version however it will ship with all maps and nothing being cut.

Comment

Originally posted by middlemaniac View Post
                there was a quote about them not having enough resources... in light of what mark said, my guess is the "resouce" was time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
                  In addition there is some good news as a little extra time in development means that now the PS3 version will have all of the same maps as the PC version whereas we previously expected to ship a fewer maps on console.

The PC version is still on track for November with a downloadable demo to be made available prior to retail release.
                  I like the good news but that doesn't affect me

Comment

We are missing the amount of days/weeks before the retail release..

Comment

Originally posted by oceaN[nova] View Post
                      -> would be nice to know bout that amount too

+ thank god for making me buy a new computer instead of a ps3..

*god = epic at this point, since i was sure to buy a new computer when i read ps3 + pc wont be able to play online together on release...*

hopefully no demo release before friday since i hope i will receive the pc parts..

Comment

Originally posted by Kematian View Post
                        hopefully no demo release before friday since i hope i will receive the pc parts..
                        wouldn't a demo release be more encouraging for you to build that PC all the more faster.

Comment

Originally posted by oceaN[nova] View Post
                          How could they possibly know? That woman on the street corner with the crystal ball tell nothing but lies, LIES I TELL YOU!

Comment

i feel more relieved now :P whooo

Comment

I was already on the verge, but if is delayed, I will definitely wish I hadn't gotten a PS3.

Comment

Working...
                              X