No announcement yet.

Game of the Year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unless epic jump start a ginormous marketing campaign it does not stand a chance against halo 3. Look at the advertising, marketing, and sponsorship for that game alone. TV episodes on halo3, documentaries, mountain dew, etc. . .. I have yet to see UT3 on Television. Step it up EPIC, hire the goodyear blimp and fly around the country at 10 miles an hour with UT3 displayed on it. Paint a naked guys body with UT3 on him and make him run around Time square in NY. That should stir up some buzz.

Obviously im not a marketing genius, but i hope epic gets the ball rolling so we can open up a can of whooop asssh on the over-rated, thumb cramping, big-headed, slowASS fps ,slower than my grandma's walk, halo 3.

UT FTW !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deathvein View Post
      Does anyone else here think that Unreal Tournament 3 has potential to become Game of the Year?
      Hard to say. It would need to overcome a couple obstacles:

1. Chemistry. Getting the chemistry for an online multiplayer FPS right is tough and the production of a sequel to a previously successful game is not necessarily a guarantee that it will be a fun game or a good game or that it will be as popular as the original. Two examples come to mind:

Tribes: Vengeance was widely regarded as a huge flop even though Tribes players had eagerly anticipated it, and:

Unreal Tournament 2003 was a huge disappointment to a great many UT99 fans (who only wanted a real UT-2 but with better graphics and netcode, etc.).

So, will they get the chemistry right this time? I feel optimistic about it, but we'll just have to wait for the demo and see.

2. Sales and Buzz. Will the game receive good marketing and will it translate into sales? Will gamers who are new to the series get excited about it and want to buy a copy?

It would help tremendously if the chemistry is good and if UT3 players rave about how much fun the game is to their friends.

Comment

Originally posted by noob.icon View Post
        Step it up EPIC, hire the goodyear blimp and fly around the country at 10 miles an hour with UT3 displayed on it. Paint a naked guys body with UT3 on him and make him run around Time square in NY. That should stir up some buzz.
        I would love to see a guerrilla marketing campaign for UT3. Just don't hire people to hang lighted LED signs on bridge abutments and whatnot because they'll always be a couple nitwits who will mistake them for bombs and call the fire department (ala Aqua Teen Hunger Force).

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Stride View Post
          UT 3 = Multiplayer game of the year, atleast for me.

honestly i dont care about what others think. UT3 is gonna be awesome and i know it .
          I agree(Multiplayer game of the year-dont care about what others think) .There's a lot of talk about Crysis.Most magazines write more about it than UT.I think its gonna be released in November.Crysis or Bioshock i guess 4 GOTY.

Comment

Actually it depends on the reviews.. Right now the 2 best PC Games out so far are Bioshock and WiC.. UT3 I believe will be better than Crysis, but thats just my opinion. I think that UT3 could win GOTY if its really that good. But as of right now, I think Bioshock would win for the PC Platform. I just hope UT3 is a masterpiece, which I'm sure it is.

Comment

What does it matter. The game could get worst game in history and it would still be amazing. 99.9% of the time reviewers are complete tools that don't know anything about the games they're reviewing, so I don't even bother listening. GOTY awards are meaningless to everyone but the developer/publisher.

Comment

I'd say its very likely. At least one magazine/online site will name it GOTY.

Comment

I will gauge the game by how much fun I will be having in it (and in this respect Epic has never disappointed me) and how much the maker will support it with bonuscontent and patches (and in this respect Epic has never disappointed me) .. Any third-party awards, well, it won't make the game any more or less awesome to me.

Comment

Goty ? How ?

Comment

This is my first post. I just wanna say that I am really looking forward to UT3. If it gets awards or not is irrelevant to me. Im sure it will be great.

Hope it does win something though

Comment

Originally posted by legend4000 View Post
                        This is my first post. I just wanna say that I am really looking forward to UT3. If it gets awards or not is irrelevant to me. Im sure it will be great.

Hope it does win something though
                        Welcome to the forums, the free nali juice is that way ->

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                          Welcome to the forums, the free nali juice is that way ->
                          Thanks Krill. So all you have is juice?

Comment

It certainly is my game of the year.
                            Graphics are looking very good (or i will change it myself)
                            Sound i'm sure will sound excellent (or i will change it myself)
                            Gameplay.. i can't realy comment on that, but i'm sure it will be more than just ok (or i will change it myself)
                            Lasting appeal, well , with the Editor included i reckon i'll still be playing this in 2010 if another version isn't out by then.
                            Still playing UT99 so i don't see why this should be any different.

Bring it on!

Comment

Yeah, I try to play UT '99 as much as I can. There's still a decent amount of servers on there!

Comment

In my books it will probably be game of the year, but if you look at the most anticipated games list or the games that win best of E3 or best of TGS, UT3 is never to be seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X