Which Is Your Favorite Weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theeta View Post
    just noticed the part that the you said that the AR doesn't do more dmg to the head. if that's true, then how come i always kill faster when the shots hit the target in the head?
    My guess is you don't; you just think you do. I've heard people say the exact same thing about the minigun, but both the code and testing it in-game show neither the minigun or the assaultrifle does more damage when you hit someone in the head.

you just suck with AR AR actually has mor accuracy than the Minigun. and two ARs damage begins to get pretty close to the minigun. the idea is that you shoot a guy in the head with small burst's. i've killed several times by placing the CH on a guys head at long range, and shoot about 3-4 shots in burst with two ARs, and if he doesn't have armor, his dead. at close range ofc they begin to lose liability because of the comparatively low damage rate, and it's difficult to hit the head if his in front of you. but from medium to long range, the Dual AR's are realy good.
    While it's true the first 4 shots are more accurate than the minigun, from that point onwards you need to wait half a second before the spread is nullified again. Considering the gun deals 7 damage per shot, that means you'll only be doing about 31 damage per second, and that's at full accuracy (i.e. not missing a single shot; considering the spread of the ARs isn't zero, that's not going to happen) Having two ARs ups that to a lame 40 damage per second (having two ARs only ups your rate of fire by 80%, but the time it takes to return to full accuracy remains 0.455 seconds)

And like I said, the shots do 7 damage a piece, so there's no way you'll ever kill even an unarmoured freshly spawned player with 3 or 4 shots. Put a novice bot in DM-Trainingday and you'll see it'll always take exactly 15 shots to finish even such a sod off no matter where you hit the poor guy.

why do you think Malcolm in the game uses them
    Because bots suck.

Comment

A shot to the neck with a Ripper disc is always fun. 8^ ]

Comment

Dual Enforcers

Comment

i like the flak as i enjoy blowing the f**** out of someones face but once in a while i enjoy sitting back and firing off my personal nuke and watching some glorious fireworks while obliterating everything in sight

Comment

6 charged rockets ftw!!

Comment

ful load of bio in the face ftw O_o

Comment

Originally posted by Relinquish View Post
                Ever and always the Sniper Rifle , hopefully that will stay just as fine as in our old and fancy UT'99
                same !!! ut99 sniper is allot of fun

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerk View Post
                  6 charged rockets ftw!!

that and the sniper, yep, i'd love to have 6 rockets back again, but afaik we can forget this, als the rof of the new sniper wont be ut99, but maaaaaann what a great game ut99 still is!!!

p.s.: i vote for the sniper with the ut99 sniper in mind NOT the ut2004 one:/

Comment

So.. where is my option for the shield gun?

Comment

Originally posted by Valconeye View Post
                      So.. where is my option for the shield gun?
                      It's not in UT3, na na naa naaaa.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                        It's not in UT3, na na naa naaaa.
                        Oh snap, looks like ill just have to make a shield gun for UT3 then!

Comment

Do it and I end you.

Comment

Impact hammer replaces it, as the shieldgun originally replaced the impact hammer, though this time secondary fire has an EMP function that can remove a player's powerups

Comment

Double posting: bad, use edit.

Comment

the results are sooooo "surprising".....flak cannon and shock rifle are the top picks by a LONG shot lol

Comment

Working...
                                X