Too many flames, closed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [OT]

@ da ghost- i like your sig haha

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lostsoul View Post
    Stryfe looked at the layout from a competitive stand point. Based on that, no one here, including Epic, should really care.
    um.... you'll be surprised how many of us comp players there are.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Stryfe looked at the layout from a competitive stand point. Based on that, no one here, including Epic, should really care. I accept his opinion on what MAY need to be changed for good competitive play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Several did "touch" the game in Leipzig and Digital Life.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by da ghost View Post
    The rest of us never even touched the game. We only saw short segments of the game. But people like Stryfe actually played it. Therefore, at this moment, his words mean more than anyone else's.
    The question is not whether you should believe opinions of some guy who played it, or some guy who didn't play it. The question is if you should believe anyone but yourself. That's what everybody is trying to say.

If the guy who played the game felt the biogun was bad, does that mean I will think it's bad? No it won't. Take a look at any competitive game where you can choose different strategies and items to win. If you are using one specific thing you probably regard the other ones as inferior (otherwise you wouldnt be very wise to play competitive with an inferior setup). But still you will be beaten by others who use another thing.

He might be right, but he might be wrong, thats why I will just wait and see for myself.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bersy View Post
    Who am I asking to listen to me specifically? I commented that I hope Epic lets the rest of us (that's the community in general) judge the balance in the demo ourselves instead of bending over backwards to accomodate those who were lucky enough to play the game first (in a non complete and modified state). There really is no need to blow things out of proportion.
    The rest of us never even touched the game. We only saw short segments of the game. But people like Stryfe actually played it. Therefore, at this moment, his words mean more than anyone else's.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Protos The Great View Post
    Hey you guys are RIGHT.......................

I mean what would Stryfe - one of the TOP UT players in the WORLD know about such things.

Clearly experts like Bersy, Mort Q, Krill and others are the ones to listen to ....

Who is this noob Stryfe ????!!!

But Mort, Krill and Bersy - kreeist we are talking gaming legends here !!!
    Huh?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Either adapt or move on :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I see now what Berz ment with this:
    You know why UT was a good game? Because there was no UT community before it came along.
    Can we please leave the never ending bickering about UTcomp settings back in 2k4 where it belongs? The game isn't released yet ffs, not even a demo, and allready the "I hate pr0s - stfu n00b" rant is going on, people are trying to fix stuff they haven't tried yet and cries "omg they have broken it" because some minor detail isn't exactly as it used to be in previous iterations. Sad.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Who am I asking to listen to me specifically? I commented that I hope Epic lets the rest of us (that's the community in general) judge the balance in the demo ourselves instead of bending over backwards to accomodate those who were lucky enough to play the game first (in a non complete and modified state). There really is no need to blow things out of proportion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So you freely admit you worship someone simply for being good at UT? How's that any better than being a supposed "Epic fanboi" (whatever that is). Our postcounts are high because we registered a longass time ago - nearly six years. I guess being interested in a game series for so long makes me a fan of it yes, and if I am critical it has nothing to do with this guy being pro or not, it is because I know the same stuff he is bashing about the game is stuff that was done to help return the fun aspect to it.
    Stryfe's played it, you haven't. That's why people should listen to him before they listen to you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Protos The Great View Post
    Problem is your not..... your flaming him and his opinion ..... because you cant stand the fact that he may actually be right.

But then how else do you get 8000 some odd posts ?

Oh wait, the way most forum 'know it alls' get those post counts, by spamming gibberish.....

Well time to leave the Epic Fanbois thread. I will go play some UT, and maybe if I am lucky actually converse with a UT Competitive legend like Stryfe as opposed to arguing with the 'great forum legends' around here
    So you freely admit you worship someone simply for being good at UT? How's that any better than being a supposed "Epic fanboi" (whatever that is). Our postcounts are high because we registered a longass time ago - nearly six years. I guess being interested in a game series for so long makes me a fan of it yes, and if I am critical it has nothing to do with this guy being pro or not, it is because I know the same stuff he is bashing about the game is stuff that was done to help return the fun aspect to it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SL3V3N View Post
    tbh, what worries me the most over all this is the simple facts.
    Having "Pro" gamers testing the game play is fantastic in some respects, but not in others.
    just because they have a title or get recognised everytime they enter a server does not mean they know how well a game should play or how weapons should be used.
    What feels great to them, or feels better, could be utterly **** for the rest of the gaming community.

There is so much info that should be taken from the higher skilled players, just simply because they take alot out of the game.

I remeber in the days of the original UT, you got sniped for awhile you would be like "WTF" these days, you have a big bright *** head which you may as well add a big bloody arrow saying "AIM HERE"

I do use competitive mods my self, as i have to learn and adapt to what everyone else wants to use, but the simple sad fact is bright skins takes so much of the thrill out of the game in some respects, yes i know it can still get exciting matches, but there is no more "hiding" there is no more "sneaking" in the sense of being seen, yes i know you can move around rather silently in other UT series.

i personally will always play that is demanded the most, but it breaks my heart to see a game get chopped up, modded up and altered because people cant see for **** :P

personally, i have seen very very FEW "pro" gamers that can do well without all these mods etc, imo it just shows how good they are :S

/end of moan, you can flame me now!
    You won't get a flame. What you do get tho, is a big ****ing hug and thumbs up. A real pro would never demand or whine for brightskin and hitsound.
    It's like a pokerpro demanding 4 different colours on the deck, because he dont understand or "see" whats going on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They only become the stock game for people who choose to seek them out. The standard servers only checkbox is ticked by default and won't show UTComp servers. If you hate brightskins but still insist on playing on servers that enable brightskins for some reason, you can disable them client-side or go with Epic style brightskins.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X