X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice find, Ty

Comment

goo was always underpowered. and if u guys didnt know u cud make the goo explode with shock combo so i dont know where the big deal is. Also i dont know what hes talking about with the sniper i played with it at the GC07 and I had it for a few minutes and got 3 kills and those 3 kills were headshots and they were dodging around so...

Comment

I don't understand why Epic wants to include that ridiculous helmet. After reading this preview the helmet seems even worse than it did before. UT1 armor system is great and I don't see any place for the helmet in the game.

But who knows, maybe things will change in the final version of the game.

Comment

People are pretty thick and don't realize... even if the bio and helmet are powerful, this does not make it a noob weapon or ruin the game. It shifts the balance. And a really good player will be much much better with it than a noob would be. It's like the people that say quake 3 sucks because the weapons are too powerful and noobish. Well if thats what you think, lets see you go in and beat a pro quake 3 player. Maybe then the words would carry weight.

Problem with the interviewer is that he was expecting UT3 to be 2k4 or 99 with better graphics, but found out that it is instead a different game.

He says if you've got sniper + damage amp that will be 280 damage and a helmet will block it. Ok, well lets think about that one. Try hitting them anywhere BUT the head then?

Comment

Originally posted by Ceil View Post
            Tch. Another "pro" crybaby.
            GTFO !

With the bio rifle i really think it depends on the map and game type, from whats hes said it could be abused in CTF depending on the maps, but maybe thats what epic wants, a defensive spam weapon, imagine 4 players defending their flag runner spamming tight corners on a map, or spaming their own flag over and over so it cant be captured.

I guess they can speed up the primary stinger fire if needed, the real question for me is how the secondary fire is compared to the primary flak.

About the helmet, if you have amp just hit the body maybe 2 times, the problem is if the map has a control imbalance, causing one player to be able to control 1 area giving him the helmet and the amp constantly, but thats map balance, other than that its not to bad, its only the difference of 1 shot.

As for the bright skins, well thats something the competitive community / tourney hosts to decides i guess.

Still plenty of time for things to change...

Thx to stryfe, for the info and vids.

Comment

Originally posted by karmatized View Post
              i dont see how much of delay it would be to go into code and change the numbers in dmg they dish
              More testing.

Comment

I don't get it, why do we keep getting the **** sides of this game!? Some bullshiat map not even made by Epic with some tiny videos of practically nothing?! How hard is it to release a decent quality video of an actual EPIC CTF map being played!?!? They must have test sessions within the company so just film like 2 min of it with something other than a cell phone and post it! Please!?

I liked his little "preview" and if the game DOES have balance issues then why not just release the demo so we can all help finding those issues. Epic tries so hard to please us and yet the one big opportunity they get where we can help them with it, they don't do. It just makes no sense to me.

Comment

i'am just hoping it doesn'tget like other random FPS's :S
                  UT is great in what their doing, theis video's look rather random FPS (except ofcourse for the weapens).
                  As for the helmet, maybe this creates some kick-*** gameplay? Who will tell.....

Comment

That map isn't UT3, it's a PhysX demonstration mod.

We don't know how old of a build the weapons were in the version of the editor that Ageia has.

I wouldn't put much stock in this preview.

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
                    Folks,

The Ageia Tornado level is not actually part of UT3 but rather a mod for UT3 created by Ageia to show off their Physx physics processor. There is some pretty cool physics going on in that level. It is quite interesting to play.
                    Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
                    This map wasn't created by Epic but rather by Ageia. It isn't part of the game but rather it is a mod created by Ageia. I think you're correct when you say it isn't up to the high visual level of the rest of the maps that actually come with the game however this map isn't about visuals - it's about using a tons of cool physics as a disruptive element in the game and it does a really good job of conveying that.

This map isn't in "the roster" as it isn't actually part of UT3.

Comment

the bio is one of my biggest concerns yet.

i allready thought it looked way overpowered from the comi-con footage. the blob seemed liked 15 times the size of previous installments.

and no, the bio was not underpowered previously. by no means. i made lots of kills with the secondary bio in 2k4. once you get the hang of it, you can make some pretty nice in-air frags with it, that do instakill. so much about it being underpowered..

from what i seen in the videos, it now seems that it aint that usefull for mid-air/lob frags anymore, but your supposed to just splash it on the ground and wait for people to get nearby. a style of gameplay i personally would not enjoy.

however.

Comment

Aw, I thought the tornado map was an Epic one -_-

Comment

Ill wont be suprised if we see that map back someday in one of the bonuspacks

Comment

Well, there's vCTF-Sandstorm... that sounds interesting if you like vCTF.

Comment

It's just a physics demo map, and as Mort said I've seen videos of that map months ago, I very much doubt that build is recent or that map is balanced for any other gameplay than playing with physics.

Comment

BRING BACK THE LIGHTNING GUN, ITS NOT TOO LATE srsly, 2k4 had both guns!

after hearing about the sniper it broke my heart as i had mentioned in another post there are only two reasons i play ut, robots and snipers. one less reason to get the game now.

Comment

Working...
                                X