WASD or Arrows for UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WASD or Arrows for UT3?

I think I'm probably one of the only gamers who uses arrow keys. I'm actually in the market for a new keyboard just in time for UT3-

Any suggestions from you fellow arrowers??

Lefties and oddballs use arrows Too few buttons near.

I use neither, I use a Nostromo n52, it's somewhat like having a ESDF setup with a d-pad at your thumb.

Comment

I'm left handed and use ESDF

Comment

Im getting it on the ps3, and i wont have enough money to get a mouse/keyboard.

Comment

i used to use arrows, but my old kb had home/end/page down and num0/num1 quite close to the arrows. When i got a new kb which was more spaced i switched to wasd. doesnt really make a big difference except with arrows i used to have to shift the keyboard over to the left a bunch to play comfortably.

Comment

Hahahahaha

That brings me back. I used the arrows for a long time and did not want to switch. After I did switch I started binding keys and my game improved a lot.

The great thing about most PC games is you can customize you keyboard setup to fit your preferences.

Comment

Always have and always will use the arrow keys. Tried WSAD a few times, never quite liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._>X<_ View Post
                Hahahahaha

That brings me back. I used the arrows for a long time and did not want to switch. After I did switch I started binding keys and my game improved a lot.

The great thing about most PC games is you can customize you keyboard setup to fit your preferences.
                I don't want to switch either- although I've been trying to use WASD lately, I can't get used to jumping with the space!

Originally posted by StalwartUK View Post
                Always have and always will use the arrow keys. Tried WSAD a few times, never quite liked it.
                Yeah stalwart!

I use an 8 button mouse and surrounding keys for weapon-switching

Comment

I have always used WASD, but, for UT3 I might change it to ESDF because that will open up some more key-bind access. Then again, change scares me!

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                    Lefties and oddballs use arrows Too few buttons near.

I use neither, I use a Nostromo n52, it's somewhat like having a ESDF setup with a d-pad at your thumb.
                    How is the n52? pros/cons?

Comment

ZQSD (Azerty )

and of course the mx518 wit all its buttons

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823107120

arrows
                        Something with a layout like this is what I always use. I have big hands and this allows me access to keybinds without me stumbling on different keys when I try to move around.

And for the record I'm an oddball. Jump is up arrow, forward is right mouse, crouch end. The rest are used for what you would think them to be.

edit: a better one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823109026

Comment

Originally posted by adrums63 View Post
                          I think I'm probably one of the only gamers who uses arrow keys. I'm actually in the market for a new keyboard just in time for UT3-

Any suggestions from you fellow arrowers??
                          Yes! I use to use arrow keys, I recommend that you should definitely switch to WASD or something more comfortable lol, it's a lot better and your arms are more relaxed. Also you don't have to worry about the style of keyboard you get because the arrow keys don't fit your personalized profile. I am going to assume you use shift with your pinky finger to jump, the hardest part of the transition is using the space bar with your thumb but it catches on quickly, the hard thing in 2k4 dodge jumping was a task to get use to when I switched because my pinky wanted to click shift key. However in UT3 its all just dodging so you dont have to worry about jumping as much and with wasd you should be able to switch weapons faster than using the keypad, delete, end, and pagedown

Comment

Originally posted by adrums63 View Post
                            How is the n52? pros/cons?
                            I don't know if there are any cons, yuo get access to more buttons and since it's 3 rows of 5 buttons with one missing in the bottom right it's easier to remember what button does what and where it is, and your thumb rests on a d-pad, I got jump and crouch bound to up/down and use on the left one, right one isn't in use in UT2004, got sprint and similar on it in BF2 etc, I don't use the scrollwheel much, use the one on my mouse instead.

Comment

Originally posted by acid_trip View Post
                              I am going to assume you use shift with your pinky finger to jump, the hardest part of the transition is using the space bar with your thumb but it catches on quickly, the hard thing in 2k4 dodge jumping was a task to get use to when I switched because my pinky wanted to click shift key. However in UT3 its all just dodging so you dont have to worry about jumping as much and with wasd you should be able to switch weapons faster than using the keypad, delete, end, and pagedown
                              QFT i spent so much time accidentally crouching (as thats what shift is for me) when i meant to jump after switching from arrows to wasd. but as you say you get over it quick enuf.
                              Course real pro's dont care as much about weapon switching, because they play insta

Comment

Working...
                              X