• Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha

===================

Comment

The PS3 version getting pushed back
      What?! Seriously! What?!

When was that announced? Last I heard both were for a November release.

This can only mean 3 things;
      1) PC will also get pushed back
      2) Epic have decided to focus on the PC version for all the fan base they have to spread word to PS3ers then they will release it a month~ after the PC release.
      3) Something catastrophic... ie... they focus on the PS3 version and push the PC version back further than that (possibly to the X360 date)........

needless to say... eek!

Comment

PC version still November.. Mark said so see pined threads

Comment

Originally posted by isp_of_doom View Post
          What?! Seriously! What?!

When was that announced? Last I heard both were for a November release.

This can only mean 3 things;
          1) PC will also get pushed back
          2) Epic have decided to focus on the PC version for all the fan base they have to spread word to PS3ers then they will release it a month~ after the PC release.
          3) Something catastrophic... ie... they focus on the PS3 version and push the PC version back further than that (possibly to the X360 date)........

needless to say... eek!

As a public company, Midway felt an obligation to its shareholders to let them know about the possibility of a delay. Our goal is still to get the PS3 version of UT3 in stores before the end of 2007. However, we will only ship it once it’s ready and is the best game we can deliver.

In addition there is some good news as a little extra time in development means that now the PS3 version will have all of the same maps as the PC version whereas we previously expected to ship a fewer maps on console.

The PC version is still on track for November with a downloadable demo to be made available prior to retail release -- By Mark Rein

Comment

hmm, good to hear the official announcement (thanks DrUnKenSTeiN for passing it on). Oh well, more time to save more money for more system not all bad then.

Comment

This is what I think may be going on here. All games are obviously developed on PC then ported/bad word...configured for consoles. I imagine they have to utilize the specific systems hardware, the certification process, and I'm sure there is some tweaking of texture resolutions to get the most possible detail for the PS3 and 360 versions given the amount of memory. PC they can just have a level of detail, Low, Medium, High. There no real certification like 360 games have and since the game is initialy developed on PC it makes sense that it would be further along.

Comment

Only 2 Weeks left for official demo.

Comment

I think they are bug-testing and polishing the game.
                  I saw a bug in a Comic-con video. It was video 1 exactly at 04:00.

Comment

Working...
                  X