Mac UT3 Editor Show of hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac UT3 Editor Show of hands

This thread could be a mistake and work against what we Mac users would really like to see ... However, the fact is, I would really love a Mac ported UT3 editor! My hope is that there are other mac users on this forum who would like it as well. If so, lets give Mark and his crew some idea that we are here, and that we would like a ported editor like everyone else.
    And, tell your Mac friends to sign on and say "me to".

For the PC'ers/PS3'ers... no bad could come out of more ppl experimenting with maps/mods... so feel free to put your name on here as well.

I'll be the first.

Donovan "=Uff-da=" brooke

Heard of parallels/bootcamp?

Comment

i swear i read they were gonna port the editor to mac/linux

but if not i will def raise my hand, even though im getting it for ps3

Comment

Krill,, yes, but I try to avoid bloated software when possible. There is always "work-arounds".. but it would be nice to have a universal binary for the editor.

Comment

Nothing against Epic for their decisions, but how hard could it be to recompile the editor?

Comment

Originally posted by jacobi289 View Post
            Nothing against Epic for their decisions, but how hard could it be to recompile the editor?
            Nothing in the text says "decision" to me.. it just says that Epic hasn't treated it as a priority... probably based off of need. I think some expression from us Mac users would go a long way to giving Epic some incentive to do the port.

I'd suggest to be courteous as well... noone likes demands.

Donovan

Comment

Originally posted by jacobi289 View Post
              ... how hard could it be to recompile the editor?
              It is a moving target. They keep changing the editor as they go.

It comes down to cost. Is it worth it to spend the time and money to do it?

They use the editor on WIN PCs it seems, so they have no internal reason to port it.

I guess if they see that they stand to significantly increase sales if they port it, they might.

Again, not knowing how hard it is to do, I don't know if it's worth it.

Keep in my, as far as I know, they don't actually support their native WIN PC editor at all, let alone a port (which tend to have issues of their own).

Comment

As far as I know they intended to have the editor be cross platform. However, that's obviously not going to be one of their highest priorities. So concessions may have been made to get the editor working that would prevent it from being cross platform.

That said, we don't have any definitive information on whether it will be supported on Mac/Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                  Heard of parallels/bootcamp?
                  so you have to buy 2 copys of UT3(PC and mac), a crappy windows, and reboot to it to use the unrealed

Comment

Originally posted by icecone View Post
                    so you have to buy 2 copys of UT3(PC and mac), a crappy windows, and reboot to it to use the unrealed
                    That's the price of using a OS not supported by the majority of software and game vendors.

Comment

That's the price of using a OS not supported by the majority of software and game vendors.
                      That may be Krill, but what we are doing in this thread is trying to show Epic there is a want for a Mac port. What you are doing on this thread is... well.. what exactly?

Donovan

Comment

I'm saying it doesn't sense, if you need 2 copies of both game and OS to do the same thing the others can do with 1

Comment

Then you'll need to convince EPIC it makes sense to port the editor.

[edit] Also keep in mind that they don't sell or support the editor. It's free. [/edit]

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                            Then you'll need to convince EPIC it makes sense to port the editor.

[edit] Also keep in mind that they don't sell or support the editor. It's free. [/edit]
                            It's included in the price, not free

Comment

Originally posted by icecone View Post
                              It's included in the price, not free
                              Then why does the different versions of the game cost the same? Oh wait the PS3 version without the editor costs more... hmm...

Comment

Working...
                              X