What UT3 means to you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What UT3 means to you!

Unreal (Tournament) series has been great for me, Ive played numerous other FPS titles and I always keep finding myself coming back to UT, and its what I think will also keep me playing into UT3 etc.

I was fragging away and I thought about what UT(3) has over the competition in my view. Solid supported community and a game loving, family like staff. Ive looked also at the quake community and other various, while they do have a lot of followers and players, and there great games, I don't get the same since of almost 'family' as you do here, a lot of us disagree and argue, but its what makes this community so grand!

Beyond that, Epic's ability to not only set expectations and surpass them, but there ability to come even to this very forum and LISTEN to what we want, our plights, answering our questions, is just proof, in my eyes that they will continue to have my mental and financial support. Beyond that, there willingness to assist in so many ways to take the rocket launcher out of your hands and place in it the tools that they themselves used to say "here!, we showed you what we can do, now show us what YOU can do!" its just..well its act of charity and homage to the gaming and mod community they helped build.

So, what is it about UT or the community that does it for you ? what keeps you coming back ? Im curious to see what all these people I 'hang' out and post with think! So heres your free 'put in your two cents' card!

Kickass gameplay and the ability to make custom content. No other game is close.

Comment

If I could sum it up in one word, it would be "synergy". Everything flows so well together - the graphics, the gameplay, the action, the level design, the sound effects, the interface, the music, the "feel" of the whole package. It's all been crafted so well, creating a game that's fast-paced yet surprisingly deep.

Mixed in with that is the little things. The "BANG-whiz-thunk" of the flak cannon. That "OH YEAH!" feeling when you take out that annoying Raptor with an Avril. The smirk that comes across your face after a 1000 meter head shot. That feeling of camaraderie when you alt-Fire your link gun at your teammate as he rebuilds a node so you can get the job done more quickly.

Also, the custom mod content is incredible. From a basic player skin to a full-on Total Conversion mod, no engine is better for modding than the Unreal Engine. Someone should do a survey of professional game designers and programmers to see how many of them started off as Unreal modders. Right off the bat I can point you at the Red Orchestra: Ostfront guys who won the MSUC a couple years ago. Over the years, I've seen some really amazing and unique ideas realized, from Clone Bandits to Air Buccaneers. You're only limited by your imagination.

Comment

Unreal Tournament 3 means amazing online play.

Comment

a great mapping tool. Fun vehicles. Generally good gameplay. Classic maps (Citadal comes to mind). But I have to say - the one game that really kept me going was CS.

edit:
          to qualify the CS comment... there are no decent UT2k4 servers where I am, only CS servers

Comment

gameplay and mods.

Comment

one word..

Intense

Comment

I'm feel completely numb and void when I think about the game now. I waited so long for it to come out I don't think I'll care by the time it does come out.

That's all. Bye.

Comment

UT as a whole meants a lot to me in gameplay, graphics, playability and long term fun. Like the OP stated, i too always always always find myself comming back to UT no matter what. Im a gamer, always have been always will be, and i play pretty much most FPS on the pc but non have quite the feel like UT does. Back in the days before UT99 i always wanted to play a FPS game multiplayer, but by myself, I absolutely hated the fact that in order to experience the multiplayer elements of games, you had to be online... and UT was the first to break that mold that had this issue with almost every genre out there, they brought in BOTs!! now you see RTS's have skirmish mode, the battlefield franchise had the ability to add bots in maps with the vechials. I used to play the deltaforce franchise competatively online on a 56k modem back in the day when broadband wasn't quite so popular and it was pure hell at times with the lag. I always thought the deltaforce games always missed the ability to have bots.

Theres few things you can expect from UT3:

Gameplay
                  Graphics
                  and Long Term Fun

What UT3 means to me is an awsome game that i will be playing for YEARS! and i expect you all will be too.

Comment

Unreal Tournament is just so great, bedst game ever

Comment

UT has always been a great game, so expect noting less from UT3. I have to admit that some guys really need to get a life though, its just a videogame for christ sake..

Comment

Uhm, let's see... life?

Comment

good gameplay, good replay values...no time you play will it be the same experience.

Comment

It's the ideal FPS, great community with unlimited potential for custom content, fast paced combat, graphics and performance that are always great, great support from the devs, exciting and FUN gameplay. Jovas, its not just a "video game". Its an experience of a lifetime.

Comment

UT3 is the light at the end of the tunnel. Not the Holland one either. It's much prettier with a lot less smog.

Comment

Working...
                              X