Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe some of you haven't heard of this one yet:

http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_prelude.php

It has the X-Fi chip and supports EAX5.0 and has all the connectivity (and more) of an Audigy card

Comment

Originally posted by Entil'Zha View Post
      Maybe some of you haven't heard of this one yet:

http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_prelude.php

It has the X-Fi chip and supports EAX5.0 and has all the connectivity (and more) of an Audigy card
      Looks like a very nice card. But the retail price on NewEgg is 229.00

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
        I have a box of old sound cards. I just recycled the old ISA ones, but kept all the PCI ones. I should have recycled all the 2 channel cards anyway, but Linux supports them all. Even so, they will very likely sit until I recycle them alsol. Creative, and all other brands, likely cannot make drivers for old cards for vista. That is Microsoft culling the herd.

Vista was to be the next big step in computer OS. It turned out just to be a DX10 platform. So, 90% of the plan went south, but they had to release something, had to keep the cash flow going. No problem, who cares if it's just warmed over XP with pretty colors, advertising always works. No one needs vista except Microsoft. They need it badly. The next step in eliminating competition and dissent. Yes, the next step in controlling the market. The monopoly has to have it's way and all who bow to it must pay. Get a spine and stick with XP unless you must buy a new computer. Vote with your wallets. The public ultimately controls demand in a free market. Microsoft is a monopoly, thus, no free market. Fight the monopoly where and when you can. Get informed, get educated, do not be seduced because your naive or uninformed. Find out what they are trying to selling you before you spend your money. Do not follow the rest of the herd down the path to the slaughter house.

As I step down from the soap box, I must also remind all that Microsoft does not support anyone but windows or mac with online ability to see streaming video. They encourage IE only web sites. If you do not have IE, you cannot play. That is because it fears competition. You usually can still see it, but, that becomes a different issue. Control is how a monopoly or dictatorship works. In other words you pay them or you cannot play. It's their way, or the outlaw way. Power corrupts always and absolutely. Stand up and help make things better. Stand up and be a force for good and progress.
        I see were you're going and definitely agree... however I allready bought my copy of Vista. Needless to say I regret it in the end. But I will at least take advantage of it for a while since I paid 129 euro's for it. It would be a waste to give it up after all.

Comment

I dual booted vista and xp for 2 weeks, then I formated the partition with XP on it, haven't regretted it once since.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
            I dual booted vista and xp for 2 weeks, then I formated the partition with XP on it, haven't regretted it once since.
            The only advantage Vista has is good looking interface I don't understand why people are so positive about Vista. Its a more intensive OS uses more memory and requires more processing power. Perfomance on games are better on XP as far as I'm aware.

I have both World in Conflict and Bioshock. (DX10 supported games)
            The difference between dx9 and dx10 is laughable. There isn't a impressive difference at all besides some unnoticeble gimmicky effects. Wich you need a microscope to detect it (not kidding).

DX10 offers neither a visual increase nor a perfomance increase in frame rates. So far its just a M$ marketing trick in my very humble opinion.

Comment

Neither of those games were made with DX10 in mind, it was added after, and yes the DX10 stuff in both doesn't look that good, try Lost Planet if you want DX10 eye candy, it looks stunning (though it's a horrible game).

Vista looks better (which matters to me) and many UI tweaks like having a address/command/run field right in the start menu, the breadcrumb address bar in windows explorer (clicking "stuff" in "C:\stuff\empty\" gets you there) etc all make for a smoother experience, the improved networking is also a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank View Post
                Thats not all Creative's fault, though they shouldn't charge for the software needed to enabled it. It is more Microsoft's fault, they removed DirectSound support in Vista, so you can bet money UT3 will be using OpenAL instead.
                I'm guessing thats because of all the DRM rubbish they have loaded into the OS. Read up on this here (site is down, linked to google cache which is identical) It's Long, but worth reading.

Originally posted by Paincakes View Post
                Now I wanted to go back to XP becauseo of this problem I just find out XP home doesn't support Quad Core processors
                ****!
                I completely forgot about this limitation! I just realized i only have 2 copies of XP Home, not pro, and i want a Quad core next year.
                So its buy XP pro or Vista. Both i really don't want to do (money for pro, DRM rubbish/incompatibility for vista)

Comment

Originally posted by Paincakes View Post
                  The only advantage Vista has is good looking interface I don't understand why people are so positive about Vista. Its a more intensive OS uses more memory and requires more processing power. Perfomance on games are better on XP as far as I'm aware.

I have both World in Conflict and Bioshock. (DX10 supported games)
                  The difference between dx9 and dx10 is laughable. There isn't a impressive difference at all besides some unnoticeble gimmicky effects. Wich you need a microscope to detect it (not kidding).

DX10 offers neither a visual increase nor a perfomance increase in frame rates. So far its just a M$ marketing trick in my very humble opinion.
                  "DX10 supported games", is probably the key here, until that changes to "DX9 supported", meaning DX10 has priority, there may be no real benefit from switching to Vista/ DX10.

Crysis screenshots do show some differences, but I bet when that comes out to get half decent framerates at high res with high settings in Dx10, it'll take sli'ed Ultras and a quad @3.4ghz. Plus it's not even certain to be a good game in terms of gameplay, beta reviewers certainly aren't in awe.

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
                    "DX10 supported games", is probably the key here, until that changes to "DX9 supported", meaning DX10 has priority, there may be no real benefit from switching to Vista/ DX10.

Crysis screenshots do show some differences, but I bet when that comes out to get half decent framerates at high res with high settings in Dx10, it'll take sli'ed Ultras and a quad @3.4ghz. Plus it's not even certain to be a good game in terms of gameplay, beta reviewers certainly aren't in awe.
                    The most important game for me is UTIII... if the DX10 perfomance increase isn't there I will switch back to XP.

Crysis open beta (for everyone) just released (on fileplanet)... I'm about test the thing hopefully soon. Still waiting in line and the **** thing keeps reseting to a longer estimated wait :P

Comment

Working...
                    X