UnreadED 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
    To be clear; the new editor is NOT called UnrealEd3 or UnrealEd4. UT2k4 shipped with "UnrealEd Version 3.0", UT3 will just ship with "The editor" which is of course the editor for UT3. (or the Unreal Engine 3, but I doubt it'd just work if you dumped the executable in the folder of another UE3 game)

Additionally, shipping the editor before the game is released would be a bad idea even if it was possible.

care to explain how it would be a bad idea? i cant think of any reason that it would be bad.

Comment

I would love to get my hands on the new Editor, that would be sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Kea View Post
        With no textures, sounds, meshes nor actor classes (except for the ones native to the core engine) to put in your level, it'd make a very productive environment...
        You could make your own. Jus' sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by thugnme View Post
          care to explain how it would be a bad idea? i cant think of any reason that it would be bad.
          With no way to test the maps, we'd end up with a lot of wasted work on maps that might look OK (if everything's built from the ground up, with no usage of existing textures) but are absolutely unplayable.
          Maps need to be built as a layout first, and for that you just need the game. Simple as that.

Comment

and the editor uses some of the game's materials (meshes, objects, etc) and without it u have to create it all by ur self

Comment

Originally posted by StalwartUK View Post
              I'm pretty sure you mean UnrealEd 4. UnrealEd 3 was the version included with UT2003/4.
              I don't think Mark agrees with you.

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
              Please do not use the term UED4. There is no such thing. This is the Unreal Editor for UE3.

Comment

Just call it UE3E (Unreal Engine 3 Editor)

The editor uses the UT3 mesh/texture/sprite library, releasing it before launch would leave you with a pure geometry editor, and meshes would have to be premade by you or imported from older titles...

To make it simple.. Its better if you wait, grab the collectors edition then have at it and make us some good maps

Comment

Just like all things with mapping, it's not a race!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpfish View Post
                    Just like all things with mapping, it's not a race!
                    Say that to the guy(s) that made AS-Hellbender-Race.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                      Say that to the guy(s) that made AS-Hellbender-Race.
                      Oh god don't remind me

Comment

It's only a matter of weeks until release - you'll have plenty of time to get to know the editor for the rest of your lives.

Comment

Working...
                        X