UnreadED 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UnreadED 3

It would be sweet if we could get UnreadED 3 before the game shipped so we could start making our maps now. Havent there been a few games that released there editor with the demo? or before the game shipped? Neverwinter Nights 2 anyone?

Roboblitz has the editor.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
      Roboblitz has the editor.
      Is it the same editor?

I was under the impression that there have been some substantial changes.

Comment

I'm quite certain there have been.

Comment

Well, at least it's a place to start.

Comment

wish we could get it. hehehehe

Edit : the official one that is.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you mean UnrealEd 4. UnrealEd 3 was the version included with UT2003/4.

Comment

Originally posted by thugnme View Post
                It would be sweet if we could get UnreadED 3 before the game shipped so we could start making our maps now. Havent there been a few games that released there editor with the demo? or before the game shipped? Neverwinter Nights 2 anyone?
                With no textures, sounds, meshes nor actor classes (except for the ones native to the core engine) to put in your level, it'd make a very productive environment...

Comment

I'm pretty sure you mean UnrealEd 4. UnrealEd 3 was the version included with UT2003/4.
                  thought so.

Kea (as in the bird?) - its true what you say, but if you could get the basic layout for a map, it would be better than nothing.

Comment

Have to study unreal ed, want the new one tho not the one from ut2004 even if its 80% the same stuff

Comment

Originally posted by StalwartUK View Post
                      Officially, it's "The Editor for Unreal Engine 3," or sometimes called "Unreal Engine 3 Editor."

Comment

The UTED4 is included with roboblitz, the availability of prepackaged material is completely different, but Im currently messing around with it myself, I suggest picking up a copy of Roboblitz (really is a fun game). The editor is nice, the interface is alot more simplified and the over all feel has been updated and modernized, the abilities the new editor holds is amazing. Well worth the purchase for a preemptive use of the editior.

Comment

The Roboblitz editor works great. It's a great place to start blocking out your level, creating your materials, and learning the overall workflow (which is quite different than Ued 3.0 BTW).

Comment

Nice to hear, UED 3 felt a bit stoneage at times.

Comment

To be clear; the new editor is NOT called UnrealEd3 or UnrealEd4. UT2k4 shipped with "UnrealEd Version 3.0", UT3 will just ship with "The editor" which is of course the editor for UT3. (or the Unreal Engine 3, but I doubt it'd just work if you dumped the executable in the folder of another UE3 game)

Additionally, shipping the editor before the game is released would be a bad idea even if it was possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X