Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[EPIC]Mysterial: the link gun works differently now

UT3 IRC Community Chat

[bu]hal`: are they still Link Gun whores?
    [EPIC]Mysterial: we redid the aiming so that they actually look where they're shooting
    [EPIC]Mysterial: and aim much more realistically
    [EPIC]Mysterial: they do not do the crazy broken link beam lockon thing
    [BU]Dark_Pulse: Do they link up to team on you now?
    Anyone, know what this means?

Hmmmmmm I think it means something along the lines of... The link gun works differently...
    not sure tho.

Comment

Thanks. Very helpful.

I was thinking more along the lines of people that played in Leipzig, or elsewhere, if in hindsight they noticed anything, besides the bent shaft.

Mysterial, are you allowed to comment further, or do we have to wait a little longer?

Comment

watching the link gun in the vid's so far released it looks pretty much the same in working order, maybe some minor changes in (link to link > characters bonusses's), otherwise than that only the looks of the gun itself changed.

Comment

I think it's just the speed and the power. The power I know will go up by a lot. I don't know about rate of fire, but the speed of the primary fire will be better i think. The weird link chain look has been fixed from 2k4. Besides that I dunno.

Comment

From videos it seems the link's primary has a higher rate of fire and smaller projectiles, and both primary and secondary have a white color.

Comment

context people. he was talking about bots using the link. they don't use the omg hax link anymore ,its different now.

Comment

Yeah as has been said primary rof is faster, and we also know the damage will be higher. I think the link will be a very good weapon this time around for gametypes other than Ons .

Comment

Originally posted by Killalot0 View Post
                  they don't use the omg hax link anymore ,its different now.
                  omg hax link ?

I don't know that terminology. Explain please.

You're right, I should have quoted the whole block of text.

The assumption I made was that it was the linking function that had changed overall, not just the bot AI.

Comment

Bots had a habit of using the link gun secondary against players and keeping it dead on the entire time and link gun secondary has a grounding effect on players, high difficulty bots have in general way too good aim

Comment

Ah... and here I thought I just sucked.

Comment

In a interview some from epic said the link gun works deferentially. Stating that they thought players never got the concept of linking up. Now instead of linking by shooting your team mate you just need to be close to each other. This will give the two player (not sure if the max is still at 3)a power boost while shooting. How close? I don't know........

I will look for the link later.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeemer_x_ View Post
                          I will look for the link later.
                          Much appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

You missed this part:

[bu]hal`: are they still Link Gun whores?
                            [EPIC]Mysterial: we redid the aiming so that they actually look where they're shooting
                            [EPIC]Mysterial: and aim much more realistically
                            [EPIC]Mysterial: they do not do the crazy broken link beam lockon thing
                            [BU]Dark_Pulse: Do they link up to team on you now?

Comment

I wonder if they will actually aim at the Node "energy sphere" (that floating target above the node) this time instead of a fixed angle.

One of the flaws with my "Adjusting Energy Sphere" mutator was that when the energy sphere was low to the ground the bots wouldn't aim at it. They'd still aim at where the sphere would be in a normal game.

Comment

Working...
                              X