[WCG 2008 Voting Added] How we can help promote UT3 competitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[WCG 2008 Voting Added] How we can help promote UT3 competitions

MarkRein[Epic]: These days competitions are big money and require big sponsorships. If you want to play UT in competition YOU need to make your voice heard.
    Mark Rein is 100% correct on this one. Epic develops games, but they have no real power in determining how many competitions their games shows up in. The community determines this.

Enter the World Cyber Games. It's widely considered to be the "Olympics" of competitive gaming. If you know something about pro gaming, then you'll know that it's one of (if not THE) most prestigious gaming competition on the planet. If you don't know much about pro gaming, then take our word for it.

http://www.worldcybergames.com/

It's an annual event, and every year, they hold a tournament in a selected country that gamers from each country compete in. And each year, they look to the community to select which games will be played. This year's Grand Finals are coming up in just two weeks (no forum pun intended). That means it's almost time to vote on the games that they'll use for WCG2008.

UT99, UT2003, and UT2004 have all been one of the games selected for 4 years in a row, although they did not show up for 2005-2007. You know what you have to do. Vote for UT3 to make an appearance at the next WCG.

National Geographic actually did a documentary on the WCG. Here's a part of it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k5Fd6fHNdsE

It's not about any UT game, but it gives you a good idea of the level of competition we're talking about. Hopefully UT3 will lead to enough sponsor attention so that Epic can organize an EpiCon/UTcon/UnrealCon

EDIT: The voting booth is now open:

http://www.worldcybergames.com/poll/selection2008.asp

So how do i our vote for UT series to be selected for WCG? Sorry for being noobish

Comment

I always vote for UT.
      I'm on the mailing list, and it mails me when a they want another vote on games.

Comment

I'm old People always laugh when I say it, but apparently 1983 really is over the hill ><

Comment

I Hope Epic will support the tournament of Unreal Tournament 3 in the next "Campus Party 12" in Valencia, Spain. A Lan-Party with 6000+ participants. Is in the last Week of July and i think that Epic could have benefits here.

The WCG and the ESL are the most important competitions and UT3 MUST be here.

Comment

You need to join the site. They will email you when votes are up. Then vote for UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceil View Post
              I'm old People always laugh when I say it, but apparently 1983 really is over the hill ><
              Hey, I'm 1971...

Comment

May I also add that Gears of War is in this year's WCG.

Comment

The website I'm working for will host some nice European tournaments. I sent an email to WCG a while back. They said Sony wont be joining the tournament as long as MS is in there.

Comment

Originally posted by FrodigY View Post
                    The website I'm working for will host some nice European tournaments. I sent an email to WCG a while back. They said Sony wont be joining the tournament as long as MS is in there.
                    Who cares about Sony or MS, I use a PC.

Comment

Originally posted by utzBluesman View Post
                      Hey, I'm 1971...
                      Foda-se! Eu tambem.

Comment

ESWC ftw........

Comment

Originally posted by utzBluesman View Post
                          Hey, I'm 1971...
                          1970... :-o

Comment

Btw, cool videos for 2k4 posted at WCG. Fun watching the Lauke championship.

Donovan

Comment

Originally posted by A_Spec View Post
                              ESWC ftw........
                              Yes, ESWC too...

but the voting for WCG is coming up soon. brace for impact.

Comment

Working...
                              X