No announcement yet.

Old School Clans for UT/UT2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some forums have UT99 for download make sure it is ver.436 not the demo ver. 348. or you can buy it.

Comment

I do remember playing UwR (as posted by NitzerEbb) on Conveyor. I was always a CTF player, but did a fair amount of DM. This was the first time I'd gone up against a combo ***** clan and I didn't really know what a combo was properly. **** it was hard work and I definitely struggled.

Fortunately we had our flak master - Borg, who managed to get lots of frags. I'm sure we lost be he made it credible.

I do also remember OverToad (despite being in Europe) and -X-Nacher who has also posted on here. I think I only played Nacher a couple of times, but he was very good. I wasn't really a DMer. I do remember that I always respected -X-Mister, who continued to be outstanding with the rockets, whilst others started using high tick rate miniguns.

These were some of my earliest UT memories. The others were playing the UT demo whilst I waited for my £5 UT with a Voodoo 3 special offer... I played alongside "Becks" (The first name I remember!) who was a lot better than the rest and that was an encouragement for me to improve.

Other bits early on, I remember playing nameiP, who was [Void]Pieman and he was ridiculous with the shock rifle. I also remember PowerGirl, who was supposed to be someones 11 year old sister, who was great with the rockets and always dodged backwards when she fired.

The best player I knew from the early days was JoolsJR, who knows what happened to him, but he used to Godlike on public servers like nobody else I've seen since! [Void]Nailz was also another public Godliker - but he seemed to play 24/7!

I don't think you can mention UT without zulg too. He had incredible skill, but was also very creative and different from all the other players. For one, he was enjoyable to watch in 1v1 (Different approach and not totally defensive), but he also played all game types and was very successful at them all.

Those were some early memories... lots since then, but I certainly feel retired having taking a lot of long, long breaks in between playing. I still come back to this game every so often, though, because nothing has replaced it yet. My fingers are crossed, that somebody eventually does - and does it well. There's massive scope for it, and a lot of money to be made. Such a shame that nobody will take a chance and they all churn out CS clones over and over.

Comment

ugh!! don't go with that get the 436 version.

Comment

Originally posted by dragondude View Post
          ugh!! don't go with that get the 436 version.
          why not go with the v33 version

Comment

As far as I know you can't do much with it. it's just made to play as a demo. Well that's all I know anyway, never play demo's always bought the non demo version. If you do want to play the demo go to the reddragonkeep forum. I think you can download it from there. The clan's name is DLD, DIE LIKE DOGS.

Comment

Originally posted by dragondude View Post
              As far as I know you can't do much with it. it's just made to play as a demo. Well that's all I know anyway, never play demo's always bought the non demo version. If you do want to play the demo go to the reddragonkeep forum. I think you can download it from there. The clan's name is DLD, DIE LIKE DOGS.
              maybe your right but i still think the v33 version is better

Comment

Originally posted by Cleary View Post
                UT99
                Poo Clan Server, And the Community was amazing.
                I was in 2H2H, My brother played as Solid Snake and I played as Rattle Snake.

UT2k4, Started off In TLSC for about a year and a half... then was solo for a while... then joined afew other clans, KD being the most memorable... I had alot more of a story but got writers block

Just believe me I think UT3 Will have a good Clan community.
                the days of {POO} clan server playing at 130% speed on face oh the joy,s lol

Comment

What a trip this thread has been... some very fond memories sparked by remembering many of these names.

Comment

M4Tr1X ... I emailed you man. It's time to get back on that horse. New UT pre-alpha is out and it's awesome. Any one else interested in starting an old school UT clan let me know. I have a TeamSpeak server we can all jump on.

Comment

Working...
                    X