Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will there be a ladder option as well as mission SP? Anything to payback Xan for making me waste 2 days trying to beat him in UT99.

Comment

According to a recent interview (can't find the link atm) it's more of a RTS, you have a big space map with levels on it you can fight to either expand your own territory or stop others from taking yours.

Comment

Yay! It would be amazing if we would have Gran Turismo style campaign in UT3, where you can tune and setup your Hellbender any way you want, and then race against some necris in Deck! And that would be only part of the open campaign! If you wish, you could become a space miner and sell stuff around the planets, occasionally entering some space fights! Just like in Elite on Commodore 64! And there HAVE to be magic rings to be bought, and some chinese jerks selling those in eBay!

Seriously, why are you guys listening to that lame troll?

Comment

Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could actually fly that ship and shuttle from Unreal 2 in open-ended way, be a mercenary that takes on missions, buys upgrades for your ship, suits, weapons, gadgets, flies to different planets, fights in space and if you lose in space combat you get boarded, and you just take off from your pilot seat and defend the attackers, all done seamlessly. Also you could get equipment that enables you to board enemy ships, than you FPS battle in them, acquiring new equipment and credits...buy upgradable robots(and hire NPCs) to help you on ground missions...and so on.
          Dude i think you're confused...Unreal is an FPS game, and unreal Tournament(this may come as shock to you...) is an ARENA type FPS game. What you just described here, places images of Guild Wars, WoW and that Star Wars MMORPG in my head. If you want an FPS MMORPG than buy Tabula Rasa, it's coming next month.

Why can't they make sequel to Unreal 2: The Awakening instead of this arcadey ****?
          believe it or not, someppl like what you call "arcadey ****". makes me wonder why the hell you're posting in the UT forums, if you can't stand tournament style games...

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
            I'll take that bet...
            20 bucks on the big guy!

Comment

What kind of stupid comment is that?
              Like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is not FPS game?!

Comment

Originally posted by toron View Post
                What kind of stupid comment is that?
                Like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is not FPS game?!
                Uhm, yeah its a FPS allright, but the difference is that S.T.A.L.K.E.R is mainly a Singleplayer-FPS, while UT is a multiplayer-FPS, hence the games are produced with totally differing game-experiences in mind, to separate interest-groups of gamers...

Simply put, you like SP, play SP-games, like MP, play MP games... Kinda goes without saying

Anyway, like pointed out earlier in this thread, your suggestion to UT3 is without previous understanding of the game you are suggesting "improvements" or "additions" to, so your post in its state doesnt really belong on this forum

AX-S

Comment

UT is an online competitive multiplayer sport oriented game, much like CS and Quake 3 arena. A single player story game has never been done in any UT title so its a bit of a surprise to hear that UT3 will come with a full vengeance plot with over the top cut-scenes. Altho now that i think about it, prolly not much of a suprise now that the PS3 is in the picture.

Comment

The whole point of UT is being fast paced. The original did not have reloading, and neither should this. Reloading also slows down the gameplay. Plenty of other games have reloading, realism and slow movement. This is UNREAL TOURNAMENT. Fast Paced, hardcore. Unreal 2 was hated by many people because 1. It was slow-paced 2.Terrible story 3. Had very little to do with the Unreal universe. UT3 will have a better storyline than a tournament, however.
                    If you don't like fast paced shooters focusted on multiplayer, then thats fine, just stick to games like GOW.

Comment

I would laugh if we start up the UT3 single player, to find that we got a full blown story like Unreal 1, and we end up in Na Pali again . Sorry, im a huge fan of the Unreal Universe

Comment

Originally posted by toron View Post
                        No reloading?! But that's one of the coolest features in FPS genre, just look at Battlefield 2142.

It sounds to me like another arcadey dumb FPS!

Why can't they make sequel to Unreal 2: The Awakening instead of this arcadey ****?

Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could actually fly that ship and shuttle from Unreal 2 in open-ended way, be a mercenary that takes on missions, buys upgrades for your ship, suits, weapons, gadgets, flies to different planets, fights in space and if you lose in space combat you get boarded, and you just take off from your pilot seat and defend the attackers, all done seamlessly. Also you could get equipment that enables you to board enemy ships, than you FPS battle in them, acquiring new equipment and credits...buy upgradable robots(and hire NPCs) to help you on ground missions...and so on.

Now that would be a great game, not this mp arena ****.
                        It's usually nice to try to respect other people's opinions. I'm gonna do that right now by not letting loose a tirade of swearing and cursing that would probably get me banned from this forum forever, but I do suggest that since you are on the Unreal Tournament 3 forums, made for Unreal Tournament 3 enthusiasts - people who are genuinely interested in the game -that you don't call the one game that nearly everyone on this forum worships "arcadey dumb FPS mp arena ****".

Not that I don' like the FPS mp arena bit, its the "arcadey dumb ****" i have issues with.

Comment

Some guys just cant understand what the words "game which focus mainly on multiplayer" means. In this kind of games single is only tutorial of multi. Not to mention that some guys still dont know simple thing - Unreal Tournament came before Q3Arena.

Comment

Working...
                          X