Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i always have to laugh at the people that say playing online is what UT is made for....

for those of us without a stellar internet connection plaing the sp is the best way to go. no lag makes for very very intense gameplay. Lans are awesome all around, but internet has its problems

Comment

Unreal 2 was a little whack in it's ways but the story wasn't too shabby.

Comment

Originally posted by toron View Post
        No reloading?! But that's one of the coolest features in FPS genre, just look at Battlefield 2142.

It sounds to me like another arcadey dumb FPS!

Now that would be a great game, not this mp arena ****.
        OMG! Go play WOW, you can even get your hair done just so perfect. And all those wonderful trinkets and you can really accessorize. Gloves, rings, makeup, It's such a dream! Chances are UT3 will make you so dizzy you will just buick all over your keyboard anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
          They are done much better. But there is no reload in UT3.
          lol it would really sucked if we had to reload every weapon and wait like 2 secs

Comment

Originally posted by toron View Post
            Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could actually fly that ship and shuttle from Unreal 2 in open-ended way, be a mercenary that takes on missions, buys upgrades for your ship, suits, weapons, gadgets, flies to different planets, fights in space and if you lose in space combat you get boarded, and you just take off from your pilot seat and defend the attackers, all done seamlessly. Also you could get equipment that enables you to board enemy ships, than you FPS battle in them, acquiring new equipment and credits...buy upgradable robots(and hire NPCs) to help you on ground missions...and so on.

Now that would be a great game, not this mp arena ****.
            Your idea of a great game is stupid.

You are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by BozoB View Post
              Your idea of a great game is stupid.

You are stupid.
              No need to call other people names, they just say what they think and you should only say i don't agree even if its really dumb what they think

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
                I'll take that bet...
                No fair!

Seriously though, is the story non linear? I'd imagine the start of it is the snippets we've seen in various trailers/videos, your clan gets wiped out and you enter the tournament for revenge or something like that, or you're part of that clan and you take part in battles against other forces with that clan on WAR maps...

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                  No fair!
                  Why would you be unhappy that the SP game isn't completely linear?

Comment

They have already stated that the storyline is branching. Dependign on what choice you make impacts what happens later on.

So, maybe not 'linear' but maybe very few branches that are very near to each other?

In the 'chat' they compared to UC2 story depth, but I don't remember the exact wording.

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                      Why would you be unhappy that the SP game isn't completely linear?
                      Not fair when people who know the winner bets on a race, I'm happy the story isn't like the UT, UT2003 and UT2004 once, a thin veneer on what basically boils down to bot matches.

Originally posted by nfleming View Post
                      In the 'chat' they compared to UC2 story depth, but I don't remember the exact wording.
                      Logs remember everything.

http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/.../203_1.php#q26
                      [DoW]MeepZero: What can we expect out of the singleplayer storyline?

[Epic]Checker: its not gears, and its not older UT's
                      [Epic]IctusBrucks: expect more story than you're expecting
                      Zerb_Riss: Will it be like UC2 or more story than that?
                      [Epic]IctusBrucks: I'd say the amount of story is comparable to UC2, but they are very different stories
                      [Epic]Checker: Our SP designer worked on UC2 a lot as SP designer, so I think they are similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
                        I'll take that bet...
                        Right like UT3 storyline will go roughly something roughly according to this.

|-start you beginn with a small noob team-|
                        |-fight-|
                        |-fight-|
                        |-omg necris pew pew-|
                        |-you have killed the necris steal their vehicles or remain the good guy-|
                        |-fight more!-|
                        |-congratulations you have beaten all the team captains now battle some kind of uber dude depending on the side you chose and achieve ultimate victory!-|

Developers promote their story line as non liniair because there's a faction change somewhere inbetween.

but we'll see, i know UT3 will be a stonecold killer online and that's why i'm going to buy it, rest is extra as it has always been with UT.

Comment

I hated UNREAL 2.
                          Online coop would have helped(even unreal 1 had that....), but the game just wasnt as good as others in the series...in my opinion.

UT3 single player will likely suck in comparison of other games. ALthough, I think Mark rein said something to the respect of "expect more than you are expecting".
                          I doubt that you will like the singleplayer though, if ytou dont like the tournament mode. Same weapons,movements,etc

Comment

I really wouldn't mind an Unreal 3ish thing from this third 'tournament' game using the given weapons.

Comment

I'm really excited about single player campaign after the chat with epic..

Comment

Unreal Tournament 3 is more a multiplayer game, like fx counter strike.
                                if you ask me, multiplayer is the bedst! playing with other players. Single player is just not me..

Comment

Working...
                                X