This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Player?

Is there going to be a long non-linear single player campaign for Unreal 3?
    Something that gets close to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?

Otherwise I'm not buying it...

Unreal 2: The Awakening was great, these tournaments suck.

btw I haven't watched any videos, are weapon models and reload animations done as superbly as in Battlefield 2142?

Comment

They are done much better. But there is no reload in UT3.

Comment

The UT3 story is linear enough to be used as a ruler.

It's a MP game, the singleplayer is just something extra, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. would be almost nothing without it's sp, UT3 isn't the same kind of game.

Comment

Originally posted by toron View Post
          Is there going to be a long non-linear single player campaign for Unreal 3?
          Something that gets close to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?

Otherwise I'm not buying it...

Unreal 2: The Awakening was great, these tournaments suck.
          If you preffer to play singleplayer games with a story line etc than stick with those, UT falls under the catogory of fast paced online deathmath and other arena type of gameplay genre's, like quake, CS, BF, all without story lines but mainly focussed for online play, they say it will be different with the story line in UT3 but the type of levels you'll be playing are ofcourse all arena's without scripted events and story cut's wich you seem to like in your avarage shooter.

Comment

just buy it. You will get more out of this game then whatever other game you buy. After completing stalker, what else is there to do? in ut you can play over and over again and it stays a fun game, even after years of playing.

if you do not plan on going online the bots in this game are top notch and without having experienced online play will keep you entertained for months. but i do advise you to watch some previews and videos. you just don't buy a game blindly

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
              Assumption!?

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                Assumption!?
                Feel like betting against me?

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                  They are done much better. But there is no reload in UT3.
                  No reloading?! But that's one of the coolest features in FPS genre, just look at Battlefield 2142.

It sounds to me like another arcadey dumb FPS!

Why can't they make sequel to Unreal 2: The Awakening instead of this arcadey ****?

Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could actually fly that ship and shuttle from Unreal 2 in open-ended way, be a mercenary that takes on missions, buys upgrades for your ship, suits, weapons, gadgets, flies to different planets, fights in space and if you lose in space combat you get boarded, and you just take off from your pilot seat and defend the attackers, all done seamlessly. Also you could get equipment that enables you to board enemy ships, than you FPS battle in them, acquiring new equipment and credits...buy upgradable robots(and hire NPCs) to help you on ground missions...and so on.

Now that would be a great game, not this mp arena ****.

Comment

Then wait for Unreal 3, this is Unreal Tournament.

Comment

Feel like betting against me?
                      I'll take that bet...

Comment

No reloading?! But that's one of the coolest features in FPS genre, just look at Battlefield 2142.
                        Awesome ... That's almost sig worthy tbh. "The coolest thing about BF2142 is that you can reload the weapons!". Doesn't sound like so much of a fun game to me if one of the best things about it is reloading the weapons.

...It sounds to me like another arcadey dumb FPS!
                        Define dumb & arcady?

...Why can't they make sequel to Unreal 2: The Awakening instead of this arcadey ****?
                        Because Unreal 2 was, to be blunt, rubbish. And more linear than a very straight edge. The best thing about the game was the first 5 levels.

It seems to me that you are either trolling, or know nothing about any of the previous UT games. Go and read some of the previews or something; they should fill you in on what the game is about.

But I'm guessing that it's not the sort of game you want to play. Try Bioshock, or Max Payne, or Half-Life, or anyone of the other SP games worth playing.

And having played through STALKER, it's not exactly non-linear itself. It had a nice atmosphere, it was buggy as anything, and it now sits on my shelf gathering dust. I still play UT2K4 even after however many years its been release. That probably makes it the better game.

Comment

Wow i dont think anyone can put it better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
                            I'll take that bet...
                            yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

I knew it.!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS EPIC for finally getting a killer storyine... * and yes this is an assumption*

Comment

Originally posted by l-_-l View Post
                              yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

I knew it.!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS EPIC for finally getting a killer storyine... * and yes this is an assumption*
                              A safe assumption, I hope Epic are really pushin' campaign mode this time around; I hope they've really got a reason for doing so

Comment

Working...
                              X