Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No matter wich game, what does it fun is the good people we find to play

Comment

something special, or just simple. something special, like a slow volume room, will make it more fun, but more annoying. simple will mean pure skills and well loved by much gamers. without special maps game's will be bored, without simple maps too. look at what the game demands. someone also had this idea. 1 very small island, a teleporter, and a big island. and this huge screen between them. which only allows bullet's to go through by the small size. where a sniper will be. the small island will be cleaned once in a while (like DM-Pressure) and the TP will be hard to get. redeemer spawns on a big tower in the middle of big island. but this whill be a really hard map to make.

Comment

Maps benefit from separate environments, so that different sections look, sound, and play differently, rather than just one single experience all the way through. Look at DM-ThePits, and others like it, to see what I mean.

Comment

I think it's silly if a map mixes too much stuff, it should have an overall theme but a distinct look for each area is good, it should look like an actual place, not the prop storage of a movie studio.

Comment

Originally posted by l-_-l View Post
            Hello everyone!

I am planning on making some maps for UT3. and i was just wondering what makes the game fun to you , as players of Unreal.? What little things make the map simply awesome, so you can play it 100 times and still not be bored?

Thanks for your opinion and support!
            Well if you every played Tribes 1 Or Tribes 2 That is the perfect game play type game for CTF. It is a very well balanced game. That is even why today people like myself still play the game. I have played Tribes 2 for 7 years now and still going. Its fast like UT it has lots of goodies to play with like UT. So if you have played Tribes 1 or Tribes 2 you will know what Im talking about.

That IMHO that is what a good and well balanced game play is all about!

GameSpot Tribes2 Review
            Tribes 2 is an ambitious follow-up to the game that single-handedly led the charge of multiplayer-only action games into retail. The deep teamplay that you can find in large matches is incredibly addicting and offers some interesting opportunities to cobble together team strategies. The game takes advantage of skills developed in twitch shooters like Quake, but its slower pacing requires a more deliberate and diverse range of tactics. In the end, this will help give Tribes 2 tremendous longevity, especially considering that the original Tribes still rivals both Unreal Tournament and Quake III Arena as one of the most played multiplayer action games. Tribes 2 isn't easy to master, but when you're up and running it's a tremendous amount of fun.

Comment

If you want the definition of fun in a UT map, go find the old relic, DM-Krazy that was limited released with SB 5.1 Live cards after Unreal 1, only one remake was ever done and the guy did a crappy job, the map had perfect flow, 3 levels of action centered over a tunnel bridge above a pool with mega health on a platform in the middle of the map and instead of elevators there were AIR shafts that propelled the players up a shaft to the different levels. It was one of the best maps I've ever played. Good layout, good powerup placement, good chokes, good flow... It just rocked.

Comment

Thank You all !!!!

I am also a fan of jumppads and elevators..... but stairs have their place...

Thanks for all the ideas!!

Comment

Stairs are nice since you remain in control, way too easy to time a shock combo when you see someone heading for a jump pad or elevator.

Comment

In regards to the OP, if you have to ask, you'll never know! :P

Comment

I like to have an ***** before I start so I know I won't have to get up halfway through a 9 hour session of playing...

Comment

You've obviously never had an *****... 'cause you'll be on the pot for 9 hours afterward.

Comment

^
                          |

semi irrelevant

anyway.... what are your opinions on a huge map that has all the weapons vs a smaller map with just a few. [im thinking ctf or dm here]

Comment

i think map should be symmetrical and easy to remember all the places easily. so that i can know where are all the enemies at.

Comment

Originally posted by unrealkiller View Post
                              i think map should be symmetrical and easy to remember all the places easily. so that i can know where are all the enemies at.
                              lol, i did a symmetrical map and everyone screamed " you shouldn't make it symmetrical"

although i agree with the easy to remember, none of this weird winding tight corridors that take you in a circle.

Comment

Originally posted by l-_-l View Post
                                Hello everyone!

I am planning on making some maps for UT3. and i was just wondering what makes the game fun to you , as players of Unreal.? What little things make the map simply awesome, so you can play it 100 times and still not be bored?

Thanks for your opinion and support!
                                Well, I can tell you what type of things make maps not so much fun. Avoiding those things will go a long way at making a map great. I will stick to ONS game type.

- Placing a defensive turrent in a totally useless location like many many ONS maps do
                                - Places where a vehicle gets stuck in a structure like a wall or bridge
                                - Places where vehicles just get stuck or hit invisable barriers
                                - Too many or not enough of a certain weapon
                                - Power core without enough vehicles or weapons to even have a chance of a counter attack, like crossfire for example
                                - Bad BOT paths, narrow walkways or passages that bots cannot navigate
                                - Making the leviathan the key to victory, gets old very fast. At least have a no levi version
                                - Making the map so asymetric that one side has an advantage over the other due to terrain, vehicles, weapons, etc.

I am sure there are many more ways to insure a map gets removed from the play list.

Comment

Working...
                                X