Game Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Speed

Afaik, there is a difference in game speed between the PS3- and PC-Version. Someone said, the PC-version would be as nearly as fast as Quake (3 Arena, I asume).

I prefer the speed of the orignal UT, so I played botmatches with 85%-Speed Mutator in UT2004.
    Being killed by Bots several because of lacks in reaction time (It happens to me if I am to tired to concentrate fully to the game) sucks.
    In an online game, I can easily adapt to the speed because I wouldn´t play online if I am to much tired.

My question is: Is it possible to switch between the slower and the faster speed in the game settings (e.g. called Normal/Hardcore for PS3 and Lame/Normal for the PC), which would apply to any offline-match or the campaign?
    Or can we at least mutate the SP-Campaign (would be fun too, for Coop)?

The PS3-Players could adapt their gamespeed to a higher setting this way, if they have M/KB Controls.
    It would also make the Crossplatform discussion a little bit easier, because both versions use both speed-types.

(Please do not escalate this thread to a crossplattform yes-or-no discussion, there are enough other threads about it in this forum.)

The gamespeed is probably more than just a simple change in the pace of UT's internal clock. If you look at the PS3 demos the A.I is different (the bots are in your face) and that is to compensate for the controller's inability to easily respond to fast paced action. The hitboxes are also larger in the console version, auto aim is incorporated, and it's possible they changed weapon layouts / map sizes to compensate for the console.

I'm sure you'll be able to slow down the gamespeed via mutators. (Not sure how you can manage to kill people online at normal speed then go to offline bots and have trouble. If you're REALLY that tired that you've lost all your coordination... you probably shouldn't be on the computer to begin with :P)

Comment

Well just get use to w/e epic gives us.

Comment

Would be ok a controller of speed like in UT: GOTY

Comment

Originally posted by Drintion View Post

(Not sure how you can manage to kill people online at normal speed then go to offline bots and have trouble. If you're REALLY that tired that you've lost all your coordination... you probably shouldn't be on the computer to begin with :P)
          After 10 hours of work, I am surely tired. I don´t like to waste the rest of the day after work, so I prefer an easy going game.

The other thing is, I maybe can better adapt to human playstyle because I learn their behaviour and weaknesses better than the AI-routines of the bots. And I am much more forgiving to humans than to robots .

Comment

Well as UT3 is using UEngine3 which in turn is using the Kynogon Ai system, then the bots will be very organised and will use alot of teamwork, On Highest CPU usage the Ai in Cell factor are more realistic then any other Ai i have seen. So i think even on lowest settings the Ai will still be in your face.

Comment

I don't like changing gamespeed, it confuses me with non hitscan lead and movement speed of the enemy changing, same as I don't change the mouse sens of the game once I've found the sens I like.

Comment

so we'll hook up a mouse and kb and it will be just the same speed as control pad?

hmmm...maybe I'll get this on PC instead :/

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomWarrior View Post
                  so we'll hook up a mouse and kb and it will be just the same speed as control pad?/
                  We don't know. That's the problem.

Comment

I will be in the Beyond Unreal chat session so I'll ask this question, No Garuntee that they will answer me but i will try.

Comment

seeing as how theyve brought most things back to the old school UT99, im assuming that the gameplay speed would be closer to that again.

Comment

Working...
                      X