PerfHUD Screenshot of UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm

Maybe it's reasonable to assume that they used the same rig to take all of the screenshots.

1) its a NVIDIA named product, so it's most likely an NVIDIA card, which narrows it down sligthly.

2) Battlefield 2 hits 61.5 FPS, im not a bf2 player so I don't have any idea what kind of card or machine at that would hit that FPS level. UT runs at 57.4.

So if they did use the same machine, this is an amazing jump in graphics for little loss. Unfortunately there is no way to tell if they did or not.

3) The Gamebryo screenshot uses nvidia drivers version - 6.14.10.8596.
    Its safe to assume they used the latest driver update each time, now find out how old that is.

4) Last Updated: 07 / 31 / 2007 <- The screenshot section of the website was last updated then. So its only a couple of months old.

5) And to bring me to my last and best point - World in Conflict is also not that old a game, and therefore the screenshot won't have differed that much from when UT3s was taken. So therefore the rig would most likely have been the same. That screeny fetches 21.3 FPS. Thats due to a lot of action on screen at the time (explosions).

Settlers 6 also has a 26.1 FPS rate.
    World of Warcraft at 66.4 (but older game)

Its possible they were testing using different setups when they took the shots, but its a rough guideline.

But if anyone can compare there setup to these games, then they could probably assume how things will run on UT3 in comparason.

Comment

Good spotting. Very nice hud.
      However i was hoping Frags and health would be switched back UT99 style.
      I dont notice it down the bottom.

Comment

In the video they have on there site it shows them testing company of heroes on a 8800GTX.

I can't see them using anything less than this for anything else. So theres your card.

They also use vista.

Comment

frags are at top right and health is at bottom left

Comment

ROP is a Raster Operation Pipeline/Processor.

Comment

looks like ~55 fps

Comment

55FPS with a 8800 GTS?

Comment

Originally posted by Cleary View Post
                  55FPS with a 8800 GTS?

I don't know where it says anything about the card, but 1/.018 is ~ 55.

Which is probably not unreasonable depending on what settings are running, and to me it looks like it is pretty much 'up there' (looks real purty ). In 2k4 I had a reasonable mid range pc with a ati 9600 something-or-other and got roughly in that realm (map dependent obviously) with high settings. So I don't personally find that too far fetched.

[edit] I would hesitate to draw too much of a conclusion from this. When I think about maps like DM-IceTomb (i think it was) I had a horrible drop in fps every time I would play that. I also recall Mark Rein's statement (iirc) in that they (paraphrased) 'design the UT games so that you can't run them on full settings on today's hardware'. This is more or less fairly true. In general those running a cutting edge PC at release may not be able to turn everything maxed 100% and get 100 fps . As long as it plays well and doesn't look like Pong, I'll be happy [/edit]

[edit] Oh lol, I totally didn't see the fps thing in the top left corner haha[/edit]

[edit again ] Oh geez I hadn't seen the Response from Steve Polge on BeyondUnreal before. He clearly states "We do all of our play testing on 2.5 year old systems with 7800s in them - that's our target medium detail (what you were seeing today) [speaking of the shaky cam video] platform. Quad core doesn't help much for performance, but having a dual core machine is a big benefit.". So if indeed that is a 8800 they are using on that screenshot, then my guess is that everything is probably either maxed, unrefined, etc etc ...or like I said we are reading too much into it hehe [/end edit again]

Comment

All I can tell from that shot is that the window on the bottom right is indicating memory usage... Not sure if it's a combination of system memory and GPU memory or what though. The meter is well beyond the 1GB line, so I think it's a safe bet that for the higher detail settings 2GB of memory is going to be standard.

Wish I could help more... I'd really like to hear the solution to this puzzle.

Anyone really smart out there want to take a stab at it?

Comment

gate way 800 ... may b that means... its the 8800 card being used

Comment

Originally posted by [404]Cham3l3on View Post
                        ... my guess is that everything is probably either maxed, unrefined, etc etc ...or like I said we are reading too much into it hehe
                        It would seem like this PerfHUD is an excellent tool for optimizing maps... run around and see where the trouble spots are.

I agree that it's likely either an unoptimized map, or they're pushing the gfx settings to their limits.

Comment

Originally posted by Modulus View Post
                          All I can tell from that shot is that the window on the bottom right is indicating memory usage... Not sure if it's a combination of system memory and GPU memory or what though. The meter is well beyond the 1GB line, [...]
                          Do you refer to the pic in the first post? The window you described (probably) shows the used video memory and goes up to 155 MB memory usage.

Comment

Working...
                          X