Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we sure that these are 'in-game' images?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i hope you're right about these images..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also remember that a game doesn't look half as good static, so it's kinda fair to photoshop and stage stuff.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The screenshots you are seeing, are 99% ingame. BUT they are staged shots, meaning it was built in the UED, and set up so they could get where they wanted, and take the right shot as they wanted it. There are some that where rendered out in Max, easy enough to prove, they keep forgetting to take out the gizmo icon. BUT for the most part yes, they are in game shots, just staged ones to help boost its appearance. I will never say they haven't photoshopped them afterwards either. Because I know if it where my game, and I am trying to pump up the hype, hell yeah I am going to photoshop a screenshot, and make it look as presentable as possible.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is, but yet again staged.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can anyone confirm if this is ingame as well? Cuz jesus this game is amazing looking

http://www.beyondunreal.com/image.ph..._E32007_10.jpg

Leave a comment:

• replied
    low FPS tho.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by wisdomWarrior View Post
    Or say hypothetically that it was a kind of 'staged' photo...but the actual detail in the faces etc...will that be the same when the game is in motion going at 60fps etc?
    Basically, yes. As far as we know those are the models and materials as they look in-game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Those are ingame images, however, you usually won't be looking through such a well composited camera angle.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I want to see side by side ps3 vs PC.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I bet it to!!!!, if your pc owns tho !!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i'm pretty sure the actual game will look much better than that. at least on pc it will.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Slainchild View Post
    They aren't in-game. Indeed, they are using the in-game assets and models, but they are clearly set up in the editor for showcasing purposes.

I mean, they forgot to chop out the "X, Y, Z" icon from the 3d viewport in the second shot...
    HAHA! Nice spotting!

They aren't in game. They are in editor with in game assets. I suspect they are not photoshopped, but those effects are probably added within the editor itself.

I don't think you'll notice the detail in game, if you get that close then i'll whip out my impact hammer :P, and those shots would probably made with uncompressed versions on the highest quality possible or something.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha View Post
    The DOF effect is a dead giveaway. The engine probably supports it (and I wouldn't be surprised if it was used for cutscenes) but that sort of stuff doesn't pop up in action for obvious reasons.

The real question isn't whether it's done with the Unreal Engine but whether it can do that in real-time on a regular PC.
    Ok so then on an 8800 or above video card with Quad core CPU, 2GB Ram+, then we can have this type of action moving and not going at 1 frame per hour, lol?

Or say hypothetically that it was a kind of 'staged' photo...but the actual detail in the faces etc...will that be the same when the game is in motion going at 60fps etc?

edit: you guys know what i mean

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha View Post
    whether it can do that in real-time on a regular PC.
    Hmmm "regular" PC... they are obviously going to want to show off the game at its best, which probably means highest settings, which means high end system... and there is nothing wrong with showing off screenshots of your game running at its best.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Slainchild View Post
    They aren't in-game. Indeed, they are using the in-game assets and models, but they are clearly set up in the editor for showcasing purposes.

I mean, they forgot to chop out the "X, Y, Z" icon from the 3d viewport in the second shot...
    haha, i never noticed that before...i always thought the shots were staged rather than it being some random screeenshot someone took while playing, either that or an in-engine/in-game cut scene

Leave a comment:

Working...
X