Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we sure that these are 'in-game' images?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ok as someone who works with photoshop i can tell you right off the bat those images are altered, its real easy to see especially the ones with the monsters, Notice the light is shing at them from the front yet the shadow is casting in front of them with no backlighting to there body.

Even if there where 2 lights in room, one to the backside and one in the front it would give them a double shadow or give a blur shadow in an actual game engine. Software Rendering with low light specs does this what they have in the shot. Like mentioned also they also forgot to remove the xyz pos thing. And mind you the editor is a lot of software rendering, That scene was done intentionally to highlight the monsters with some kind of realisim.

Its much more likely that shot aws predone with single frame animations of the models and the artist missed these little things.

I also believe a great deal of the multi action stuff in the image was mixed and matched from other images same backdrop but diff people doing diff things in diff images then spliced together to look more like more people are doing more at once.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They aren't in-game. Indeed, they are using the in-game assets and models, but they are clearly set up in the editor for showcasing purposes.

I mean, they forgot to chop out the "X, Y, Z" icon from the 3d viewport in the second shot...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just an FYI, the PC can have better visual quality than a console.. While they might be in game screenshots.. It might not look like that on a console. Not saying that it wont look fantastic on a console, it just might be toned down a bit for better performance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Flak View Post
    They are indeed in game images.
    oh yeah, thank you Flak, you just made my day

PS--I've started a great UT3 thread on the official Australian Playstation forums and included these two images

I've posted the thread at:
    http://forums.au.playstation.com/for...owtopic=116085

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Omg sick. This is really looking great, especially that this really is from ingame.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They are indeed in game images.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not really, UT2004 had some very nifty console commands built in to allow for those perfect screenshots.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ummz, i doubt they are, they are to perfect, and flawless, dont get me wrong if they are, fantastic, but they look to photoshoppy if that makes sense?
    There almost perfect images with pefect weapon fire etc, which is very rare to see imo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
    I played it and I am fairly sure that those are ingame.
    I hope you are right fuegerstef because these images look so amazing. Can anyone else also confirm these images as being 'in-game'?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I played it and I am fairly sure that those are ingame.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Are we sure that these are 'in-game' images?

Are we sure that these are 'in-game' images?

Are you guys sure that these are definitely in-game images? If that is the case then all I can say is wow The reason I created this thread is just to doubly ensure that I'm on the right page here. I've posted these images elsewhere stating that it is 'in-game' and I just wanted to make sure.

Please confirm--for those of you that have played the game or seen this type of thing 'in-game'.

Working...
X