Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we sure that these are 'in-game' images?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    They are "in-game" in the sense that the game engine and all stuff included in the game were used to make them, but no they're not random shots taken during a match, call them a staged in game shot.
    The DOF effect is a dead giveaway. The engine probably supports it (and I wouldn't be surprised if it was used for cutscenes) but that sort of stuff doesn't pop up in action for obvious reasons.

Originally posted by Lee_Shagwell View Post
    It's still unreal engine, wether it was staged in an editor or not.
    The real question isn't whether it's done with the Unreal Engine but whether it can do that in real-time on a regular PC.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Obviously epic want to show off the game and the engine so they've changed the camera angles / setup a shot with enemies up real close.

you do occasionally see amazing graphics like this throughout the game although not that often because enemies are never really up this close to you.

It's still unreal engine, wether it was staged in an editor or not.

stop moaning.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by pboy View Post
    Yeah... thats what I was wondering. The stuff in the distance is definitely blurry. If thats in game, does that mean that there is some kind of depth of field effect in game? Because... that really doesn't make sense for a game like UT3, you want to be able to see whats far away and whats up close simultaneously, though I imagine if there really is depth of field in the game you will certainly be able to turn it off.

Also, compare the guy on the left in these 2 shots:

http://www.beyondunreal.com/image.ph..._E32007_10.jpg
    http://www.beyondunreal.com/image.ph..._E32007_03.jpg

His expression is different. If those are in game too, does that mean that our characters expressions change in game, like in Team Fortress 2?
    OMFG that first shot with the bio is sick as HELL!!!! I want to play the demo so bad now!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Chill bro, just giving my opinion, I didn't mean to offend. I do not think those are in game, most images you see on the back of the game boxes are not in game, they are usually exaggerated images in order to get you to buy the game. Now, again I do not mean to offend. I do love Unreal, and I know unreal tourny 3 will be a hit, halo 3? Bioshock? What's that :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HoNkIfYoUrHiGh View Post
    Those are def not in game images, It looks like a picture you'd see on the back of the game box.
    ... Which are typically in-game shots.

Why do people who doesn't know what they're talking about insist on, and persist in speaking?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    jesus, now that they really are in-game, i expected it to run on max settings with my comp? ROFL. i think not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Images

Those are def not in game images, It looks like a picture you'd see on the back of the game box, which are rarely in game images.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by pboy View Post
    His expression is different. If those are in game too, does that mean that our characters expressions change in game, like in Team Fortress 2?
    Yes, they have a machinima video, cant remember where I seen it, but it was just about the facial expressions you can do in the game, make them load during certain events and such. So seeing him grunt so to speak while jumping makes sense. Its an already existing program Epic put out to the public, so why wouldn't they take it one step further with UT3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah... thats what I was wondering. The stuff in the distance is definitely blurry. If thats in game, does that mean that there is some kind of depth of field effect in game? Because... that really doesn't make sense for a game like UT3, you want to be able to see whats far away and whats up close simultaneously, though I imagine if there really is depth of field in the game you will certainly be able to turn it off.

Also, compare the guy on the left in these 2 shots:

http://www.beyondunreal.com/image.ph..._E32007_10.jpg
    http://www.beyondunreal.com/image.ph..._E32007_03.jpg

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The depth-of-field effect adds kind of a strange look to them. Perhaps that is part of it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    All of screenshots that given by Epic are fantastic..

Hard to believe these are 'in game' : )))))

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SL3V3N View Post
    ummz, i doubt they are, they are to perfect, and flawless, dont get me wrong if they are, fantastic, but they look to photoshoppy if that makes sense?
    There almost perfect images with pefect weapon fire etc, which is very rare to see imo
    There just setup for a screenshot, but they are indeed ingame.

PS: I've never seen none ingame content footage from Epic.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah this game isn't like most of the games that u see, some game videos on TV look so real but they r just videos from the game,when u actually play the game they don't look like they did on TV lol, UT3's videos look exactly like in the game ^_^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They are "in-game" in the sense that the game engine and all stuff included in the game were used to make them, but no they're not random shots taken during a match, call them a staged in game shot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    -_- @ people

Leave a comment:

Working...
X