Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we sure that these are 'in-game' images?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of screenshots that given by Epic are fantastic..

Hard to believe these are 'in game' : )))))

Comment

The depth-of-field effect adds kind of a strange look to them. Perhaps that is part of it?

Comment

Yeah... thats what I was wondering. The stuff in the distance is definitely blurry. If thats in game, does that mean that there is some kind of depth of field effect in game? Because... that really doesn't make sense for a game like UT3, you want to be able to see whats far away and whats up close simultaneously, though I imagine if there really is depth of field in the game you will certainly be able to turn it off.

Also, compare the guy on the left in these 2 shots:

http://www.beyondunreal.com/image.ph..._E32007_10.jpg
        http://www.beyondunreal.com/image.ph..._E32007_03.jpg

His expression is different. If those are in game too, does that mean that our characters expressions change in game, like in Team Fortress 2?

Comment

Originally posted by pboy View Post
          His expression is different. If those are in game too, does that mean that our characters expressions change in game, like in Team Fortress 2?
          Yes, they have a machinima video, cant remember where I seen it, but it was just about the facial expressions you can do in the game, make them load during certain events and such. So seeing him grunt so to speak while jumping makes sense. Its an already existing program Epic put out to the public, so why wouldn't they take it one step further with UT3.

Comment

Images

Those are def not in game images, It looks like a picture you'd see on the back of the game box, which are rarely in game images.

Comment

jesus, now that they really are in-game, i expected it to run on max settings with my comp? ROFL. i think not.

Comment

Originally posted by HoNkIfYoUrHiGh View Post
                Those are def not in game images, It looks like a picture you'd see on the back of the game box.
                ... Which are typically in-game shots.

Why do people who doesn't know what they're talking about insist on, and persist in speaking?

Comment

Chill bro, just giving my opinion, I didn't mean to offend. I do not think those are in game, most images you see on the back of the game boxes are not in game, they are usually exaggerated images in order to get you to buy the game. Now, again I do not mean to offend. I do love Unreal, and I know unreal tourny 3 will be a hit, halo 3? Bioshock? What's that :P

Comment

Originally posted by pboy View Post
                    Yeah... thats what I was wondering. The stuff in the distance is definitely blurry. If thats in game, does that mean that there is some kind of depth of field effect in game? Because... that really doesn't make sense for a game like UT3, you want to be able to see whats far away and whats up close simultaneously, though I imagine if there really is depth of field in the game you will certainly be able to turn it off.

Also, compare the guy on the left in these 2 shots:

http://www.beyondunreal.com/image.ph..._E32007_10.jpg
                    http://www.beyondunreal.com/image.ph..._E32007_03.jpg

OMFG that first shot with the bio is sick as HELL!!!! I want to play the demo so bad now!!!!

Comment

Obviously epic want to show off the game and the engine so they've changed the camera angles / setup a shot with enemies up real close.

you do occasionally see amazing graphics like this throughout the game although not that often because enemies are never really up this close to you.

It's still unreal engine, wether it was staged in an editor or not.

stop moaning.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                        They are "in-game" in the sense that the game engine and all stuff included in the game were used to make them, but no they're not random shots taken during a match, call them a staged in game shot.
                        The DOF effect is a dead giveaway. The engine probably supports it (and I wouldn't be surprised if it was used for cutscenes) but that sort of stuff doesn't pop up in action for obvious reasons.

Originally posted by Lee_Shagwell View Post
                        It's still unreal engine, wether it was staged in an editor or not.
                        The real question isn't whether it's done with the Unreal Engine but whether it can do that in real-time on a regular PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Slainchild View Post
                          They aren't in-game. Indeed, they are using the in-game assets and models, but they are clearly set up in the editor for showcasing purposes.

I mean, they forgot to chop out the "X, Y, Z" icon from the 3d viewport in the second shot...
                          haha, i never noticed that before...i always thought the shots were staged rather than it being some random screeenshot someone took while playing, either that or an in-engine/in-game cut scene

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                            whether it can do that in real-time on a regular PC.
                            Hmmm "regular" PC... they are obviously going to want to show off the game at its best, which probably means highest settings, which means high end system... and there is nothing wrong with showing off screenshots of your game running at its best.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                              The DOF effect is a dead giveaway. The engine probably supports it (and I wouldn't be surprised if it was used for cutscenes) but that sort of stuff doesn't pop up in action for obvious reasons.

The real question isn't whether it's done with the Unreal Engine but whether it can do that in real-time on a regular PC.
                              Ok so then on an 8800 or above video card with Quad core CPU, 2GB Ram+, then we can have this type of action moving and not going at 1 frame per hour, lol?

Or say hypothetically that it was a kind of 'staged' photo...but the actual detail in the faces etc...will that be the same when the game is in motion going at 60fps etc?

edit: you guys know what i mean

Comment

Originally posted by Slainchild View Post
                                They aren't in-game. Indeed, they are using the in-game assets and models, but they are clearly set up in the editor for showcasing purposes.

I mean, they forgot to chop out the "X, Y, Z" icon from the 3d viewport in the second shot...
                                HAHA! Nice spotting!

They aren't in game. They are in editor with in game assets. I suspect they are not photoshopped, but those effects are probably added within the editor itself.

I don't think you'll notice the detail in game, if you get that close then i'll whip out my impact hammer :P, and those shots would probably made with uncompressed versions on the highest quality possible or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X