This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November release?

UT3 Release date official or showcase? I thought it was officialy coming out in november... but in game people are telling me Its just for show... and its not official.
    TBQFH I thought http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=558281 that thread... the trailer that says november and unrealtournament3.com saying november... was a good guide line for me to think its coming out in november... but aparently im stupid for thinking this?

hmmmmmm?

and If it is released in november can anyone give an educated guess where as to demo release? going by when ut2k4 Demo release IE Amonth before the actual game release? I was one of them waiting but I cant remember specifics.

Cleary.

... from the mouth of Mark Rein... As remembered by isp_of_doom

we're aiming for a November release. Having said that, we will release the game when it's ready.
    Lets consider it will be November release If they weren't on target for a November release, they would let us know. I'm convinced Epic realises they can play mind games with the demo release, but if they mess around with the actual release date going 'Ha ha! fooled you" they would loose their fan base very quickly.

As far as the demo goes, I'm guessing that within a month from the launch we will see the demo.

The in game crowd are right, and wrong. Epic haven't released the release date, but they are aiming for November.

I think that covers it quite thoroughly... My best advice is... wait and see. Crickey within a year you won't care anyway.

Comment

unless they are aiming for next november lol

Comment

So.... it may or may not be in nov. thanx for clearing that up loll...

Comment

I think a late November release is pretty important to Epic, hitting the christmas sales will double it by default. And I DO hope they get their marketing out, considering the impact the TV commercial for GoW had here in Sweden I really REALLY would like to see a UT3 TV commercial.

Comment

Yea an Unreal Tournament advert would be nice, but They have spent so much time making the game... and time is money... So Im not sure if they could fund ... actually Gears of war must of raised funds...

Hmmmm Intresting.

Comment

No rush for Epic, they're going to focus on Gears for the PC this Xmas and UT3 will probably be pushed back to early 08 release.

I'd like to see it this November, if it's done.

Comment

you basically answered you own question but u still decied to make another releace date thread ... >:-\

Comment

I bet anything it gets pushed back to January lol

Comment

The publisher will be responsible for any advertising I'm sure.. keep in mind Gears was published by Microsoft, this is Midway. So it may receive tv airtime, it may not, it may air in different countries, on different channels.. than Gears did.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                      The publisher will be responsible for any advertising I'm sure.. keep in mind Gears was published by Microsoft, this is Midway. So it may receive tv airtime, it may not, it may air in different countries, on different channels.. than Gears did.
                      I bet it will get more advertising than UT2k4 did, because IIRC that was one of the reasons EPIC went from Atari to Midway. (AS said: IIRC, could be wrong though).

Comment

Midway played the hell out of the UC2 commercials. Let's hope they do the same for UT3.

Comment

No rush for Epic, they're going to focus on Gears for the PC this Xmas and UT3 will probably be pushed back to early 08 release.

I'd like to see it this November, if it's done.
                          That makes a depressingly large amount of sense.

Comment

Working...
                          X