No system requirements yet! "do u think can i run it?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No system requirements yet! "do u think can i run it?"

i know many people have probably send a similar post like this but i couldn't find them so i decided to make my own version this is the system i use atm can u tell me how my system will do with UT3

windows xp home edition 32 bit
    intel P4 641+ |3.20 GHz | 800 MHz FSB | 2 MB L2 Cache
    nvidia 8800 GTS | 320 MB
    crossair 1 GB RAM

rest of the pc ain't matter much lol

i was wondering would {Intel Core 2 Duo E6850, S775, 3.0 GHz, 1333MHz FSB, Core 2, 4MB Cache} make a big difference or would nvidia 8800 GTX ultra ?

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=577457
    ^^

Comment

How can anyone know if there are no system requirements said? Everything else is speculation.

And for people buying stuff now in preparation is not being smart. The game could get delayed til christmas. We will have new sets of intel/amd - nvidia/ati hardware by november or even december. By then you can have better options on what to buy or buy what you've already purchased for a cheaper price.

Can people just hold on to their wallets and wait til' the demo comes to figure everything out.

Comment

The processor upgrade would definitely be better than the video card upgrade.

Comment

lol, nVidia 8800 GTS with Pentium 4? da ghost is right, your graphics card is almost top of the line with only the GTX and 640MB cards beating it. While the P4 is far from even close, definitely gonna make a bigr impact if you get a Quad, Duo, or AMD equivalent.

Comment

hehehe not another one like this! roflmao. Wait till the demo comes out. Install it and run it. If it runs on your system with no problems you can run it. If not!........

YOUR SCREWED!! MUHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

your guess = as good as mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger View Post
                your guess = as good as mine.
                "your guess is as good as mine"

or "your guess = mine"

i'm bored, so i figured i'll nitpick a little.

Comment

TBH if you upgrade go with the CPU upgrade... the graphics card u got now owns... and no matter how safe ppl will estimate I would bet my balls that it would play UT3 smoothely... especially if u get the core duo 3.0

The only difference between upgrading now and when the game is out... really is price... If u want to save some money just wait m8... alright it feels like your not getting anyware waiting... but trust me with the money you save... you could mabey upgrade a mouse.. or some ram... or w/e

Comment

Before purchasing that CPU, make sure the chipset (not just the socket) is compatible. IE: My P4 3.2ghz was a 915 chipset and the E6400 I got was a 965 chipset.

Comment

low-medium settings is my guess
                      the cpu is the bottlenecking the gpu imo

Comment

thanks, i see many people making similar topics, but what is worring me is UT3 is ready for pre-order and i so want the collectors edition BUT i am not sure i can even run it caz epic forgot to upload system requirements ( only one month left! ) it should of been out by now and also they should have made beta test too, 2nd thing is, this game might not be good as it looks "i realy want this game kick halos *** caz its ment to be better"
                        and i think i get both cpu and gpu and throw this one out of the window lol, only kidding about the throw part

Comment

Originally posted by Barzin3D View Post
                          thanks, i see many people making similar topics, but what is worring me is UT3 is ready for pre-order and i so want the collectors edition BUT i am not sure i can even run it caz epic forgot to upload system requirements ( only one month left! ) it should of been out by now and also they should have made beta test too, 2nd thing is, this game might not be good as it looks "i realy want this game kick halos *** caz its ment to be better"
                          and i think i get both cpu and gpu and throw this one out of the window lol, only kidding about the throw part
                          No... keep the video card. Figure out if your motherboard will accept a Core 2 cpu or not. If it can't you'll need a new CPU and Mobo.

And epic didn't forget to post the system requirements, they are just keeping them from us.... along with billions of other new and exciting things they could probably tease us with...

Comment

because epic forgot to upload system requirements ( only one month left! ) it should have been out by now
                            First off I've fixed what you said in the quote.
                            Secondly, who said Epic forgot to release the requirements. They've been asked many, many times. They didn't forget... They simply haven't released them yet. My guess is that they are still tweaking it to get the best performance out of it for those still running a Geforce 4 -based system.

I'm not on the latest system (Gf7600, AMD3500+), I'm still confident I will be able to run it, but I am planning on saving some money up and upgrading sometime after the release.

My advice?
                            Pre-order it. -I have
                            Play the demo, work out how well it plays for you. -I'd be surprised if it didn't run it
                            Decide whether you want to upgrade or not.
                            Live on in peace and harmony amongst the decay and destruction UT3 will bring.

Comment

LOL, thanks again guys, yeah when i got my mother board i make sure i could replace my CPU with a Core 2, yeah its a GIGABYTE S-series motherboard (GA-945P-DS3IS3) but the highest it supporst is E6700(2.66GHz,4MB) so i guess i might need a new motherboard aswell, so ganna add another question (btw sorry i keep asking another questions) erm is nforce mother boards any good? or reqular motherboards r better? and my last question which brand of monitor is the best for gaming, people saying IIYAMA is good but i think Samsung might be better and NEC (dont make me started with NEC caz i am not allowed to say why Forum rules)

Comment

Working...
                              X