Stinger/Enforcer Ammo....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stinger/Enforcer Ammo....

In all the previous UT's...the minigun and the enforcer have used the same ammunition. This question crossed my mind while play UT99 using the enforcers. Will the UT3 Stinger minigun use the same ammo as the Enforcer? Seeing as how the Stinger Minigun replaced the normal Minigun, will they use the same?

The Stinger fires tarydium shards. I assume the enforcer fires bullets.

See, this is the reason the UT99 enforcers were broken: they were useless when you picked up the minigun, as the minigun was superior in every way. At least in UT2004 the grenades could be spammed from the AR.

Comment

Good question. I bet it won't. Which might actually be a welcome change, as that means more ammo for the Enforcer. The Assault Rifles and Minigun used different ammo in UT2, as well.

Comment

yeah i knew the stinger used tarydium shards, like the Unreal stinger. but i was wondering whether the Enforcer did too, cos it doesnt exactly sound like its shooting bullets....or just a futuristic bullet firing

Comment

"All the previous UTs" - heh. There has been only one UT with the enforcers. (Granted, Unreal's AutoMags also used the Minigun ammo.)
          In UT2003 Assault Rifle and Minigun used the same ammo pool, but I'm glad this was changed for UT2004. Also, even though the name is "Unreal", applying a bit of logic wouldn't hurt: Do you see any ammo chain hanging down from the Enforcers or AutoMags? Because that's the type of ammo used by the Minigun.

IMHO the UT2004 way of separating the starting weapon's ammo from the Minigun's ammo is a good idea and should be kept for UT3. Because: If your Stinger Minigun runs out of ammo and is the only "superior" weapon in your inventory, you have a big problem with only the Impact Hammer left. There should at least be a bit of Enforcer ammo left to defend yourself while looking for new ammo or another weapon.

Comment

If your Stinger Minigun runs out of ammo and is the only "superior" weapon in your inventory, you have a big problem with only the Impact Hammer left. There should at least be a bit of Enforcer ammo left to defend yourself while looking for new ammo or another weapon.
            exactly.

again though. Its screaming for a mod, just to satisfy both sides of the argument.

Comment

Unless the enforcer now fires tarydium shards I don't see how.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
                In UT2003 Assault Rifle and Minigun used the same ammo pool...
                Unfortunately if you burned up all the bullet ammo using the Mini, you couldn't select the AR

Comment

Firstly I don't think they'll use the same ammo, as has been stated previously the stinger fires tarydium, the enforcer (probably) fires bullets. Also note that the enforcer has a loading anamation of a clip now when you select it, I doubt the stinger will use these clips.

Comment

Working...
                  X