No announcement yet.

movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Personaly i'm hoping that the movement is more like UT 99 aswell, although i did like UT 04 movement i found it far too fast, and can you guys clarify i dont understand all this strafe jumping and stuff, will dodge jump be in UT3? where you push for example, Right, Right, Jump? i actuley hope it's not, would make the combat better imo

Comment

As long as the movement is faster than TF2, Quake-Wars, and Crysis then I'll be happy.

I'm tired of all these games forcing people to work together or get in vehicles by gimping the individual player's options, especially as far as movement is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by q4rockz View Post
        Well, u never touched warsow or cpma?
        Those are even more extreme than stock Q3A gameplay. I'm not concerned so much about speed as I am whether or not the moves make sense. Bunnyhopping and dodge-jumping don't to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
          Those are even more extreme than stock Q3A gameplay. I'm not concerned so much about speed as I am whether or not the moves make sense. Bunnyhopping and dodge-jumping don't to me.
          The hell with making sense. This is Unreal FFS, you can always go play some random Battlefield-ish game if you want "realism"! ;D

Comment

And you can go play Quake if you want stupid nonsensical moves.

Comment

I think UT's movement is much faster in close combat compared to Q3 with the help of dodging. Although I do like the speed that strafe jumping provides, but I don't think it has a place in UT. There are other ways of getting from A to B quickly in UT with the help of the shield gun or hammer, and wall dodges.
              My only concern is the grounding effect after jumping that might be included in the movement system of UT3, something I heard/read about somewhere by Epic, not sure if that's true though. I'd rather like a smoother seamless movement from dodging to jumping, wall dodging, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                And you can go play Quake if you want stupid nonsensical moves.
                You know... ever since Mario games have been lots of fun without making any sense at all.

Why is everybody suddenly trying to ruin this as well for the sake of immersion/realism/consistency/theming/whatever!?

Go away! Seriously!

Comment

Originally posted by nthexwn View Post
                  Go away! Seriously!
                  Not a chance.

Originally posted by nthexwn View Post
                  You know... ever since Mario games have been lots of fun without making any sense at all.

Why is everybody suddenly trying to ruin this as well for the sake of immersion/realism/consistency/theming/whatever!?
                  Not trying to ruin anything... just a little annoyed at people telling others to go play something else...

I don't think those moves add anything fun to the game, so I'm glad that EPIC decided to remove them.

If you want them, make a mod or play a game that has them.

Comment

As long as Epic keeps the magic mushrooms in the game, I'll be there!

Comment

Will ut3 include "strafe jumping" and "air control" movement like q3 cpma or will there be a mod which will include theese features? I think a modern competetive fps shooter needs fast movement. Would be nice if someone can answer my question.
                      I read the first page and saw no answer to your question. Apparently people in the UT universe dont know what you mean as those moves are not in UT.

There is no circle jump, there is no bhop in the Quake sense. There is no need to move in a circle with forward and strafe while curving your mouse in the same direction in the proper motion which will give you a speed boost.

There is no speed gain from strafe jumping or successive jumping with or without any pattern of mouse and strafe movement.

For those that need more insight:
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafe_jumping

The movement in UT is comparably simpler. Tap a direction twice and you will "dodge", i.e. move quite faster in a jump-type motion in that direction. There is also a double jump, simply jump again while in the air after jumping.

However retarted (sorry no offense) this difference at first seemed to me (meaning I thought UT was quite slow, lacked technique and real skill compared to Q3 and hell even HL2DM) it actually does work. Though not as deep, and easy to master. If your an experienced Quake player then you will have all the movement down in a few days, mastered in a couple of weeks.

The rest comes down to aim and tactics.

Comment

Double Jump (jump, than jump again in mid air) = In
                        Dodge jump (Dodge, than jump while still in the air) = Out
                        Wall dodge (jump near a wall and dodge off of it) = In
                        Wall dodge jump ( Jump near a wall, dodge off of it and jump again) = Out

They took out the jump after any form of dodging is what they did.
                        I don't know where the hell you guys get this double strafe jump wall dodge, or any of that other stuff. Anyone that has ever played the game more than a few weeks would know what the names of the movements and how to perform them.

In any case, like I said, You can't jump after a dodge anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
                          Anyone that has ever played the game more than a few weeks would know what the names of the movements ...
                          Why would they?

They're not named in the manual, nor does the game tell you in any way.

Comment

Common sense?

Comment

Will ut3 include "strafe jumping" and "air control" movement like q3 cpma or will there be a mod which will include theese features? I think a modern competetive fps shooter needs fast movement. Would be nice if someone can answer my question.
                              obiously there's no strafe jumping/circle jumping/crouch sliding etc in Unreal Tournament, but i think u already could guess that on ur own.... this is unreal tournament... not Quake (or a another game based on quake engine(warsow/painkiller)), those kind of movement isnt, and will never be in a Unreal Tournament game.

Air control is less than in Quake 4, and way less than in CPMA Q3, played cpma like for 2 hours, so im not very sure if i remember correctly how the aircontrol was in cpma. but players will be mainly on the ground, and hardly in the air. air controls isnt a big factor UT3, since EPIC wants players to be less in the air than in UT2004, so they removed dodgejump, and made the dodge smaller.

if ur looking for something which has kinda the same movement as quake, ur at the wrong game.

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
                                Common sense?
                                Ah... so you admit there is no way to know.

Comment

Working...
                                X