Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 System Score Calculator (Updated Improved Scale)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 System Score Calculator (Updated Improved Scale)

Alright, in an effort to curb the amount of threads asking whether your rig will run UT3 and how well, I have written a script that will tell you roughly how your configuration or ANY given configuration will do.

Disclaimer: This is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate, nor is it endorsed at this time by Epic. It is an estimate based off benchmarks and information about how UT3 will handle various hardware. I have weighted various components according to how they will affect a configuration overall. HD and RAM for instance, are weighted far less, until they fall at or below specs we have seen mentioned in interviews and such.

I can also tweak it, as more accurate information and data is gathered. I know a lot of components are still missing, such as various CPU models or graphics cards.. With time and demand, I will add more specific choices.

With that out of the way, here it is, and I hope it is useful to all.

http://www.ut2341.com/UT3SystemScore/

Resolution, OS, drivers, etc are too complicated to adjust for. So I will not add such features.

Edited 9/25: CPU Clockspeed, GPU Core & Mem Adjustment up to +- 40%. A few laptop CPU's added to list.

Added 9/24: One final planned feature: an "Advanced" view that shows exactly where a given CPU or GPU stacks up. Please don't make me regret adding this feature by whining how one compares to another, if you can offer me some kind of proof that a given CPU is significantly off from where it should be I will consider changing it, otherwise tough beans.

Added 9/23: Many more specific GPU's including more ATi models, and a MUCH larger list of CPU's + Slightly revised CPU scores.

Can you possibly add laptop models as well?

I have a laptop with nvidia Go7600, Athlon 64 bit with cores on 1,6 GHz each and 1 GB RAM at 667 MHz. Some different speeds on CPUs would be nice

Comment

Sure, I can try to do that. PS, it would be helpful to me to have reviews of specific CPU's & GPU's or even whole configurations, laptop reviews for instance. That way I can give more accurate scores.

Comment

Nice man. It'll be fun to see how accurate it was when the game is finally released and people start playing it.

Comment

I have a laptop with a geforce go 7300.

I guess it's just as well I'm getting it on PS3.

edit: That is a helpful script that you've written though

Comment

its a welcome adition, but it seems 1 gb ram more or less gives you about 0,2 point increase? i would think a jump from 1 gb to 2 gb would be a nice step to increase performance.

for the most part the point system seems alright, nice for people that have no clue about their hardware specs. I think most people understand they will be able to play atleast on low settings if their pc isn't older then 3 years though.

Comment

For the sake of fun, add my system specs please

Comment

rofl. remove the nv9800. the card isnt even out yet, and thers no word on wether it exists or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                  Alright, in an effort to curb the amount of threads asking whether your rig will run UT3 and how well, I have written a script that will tell you roughly how your configuration or ANY given configuration will do.

Disclaimer: This is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate, nor is it endorsed at this time by Epic. I have weighted various components according to how they will affect a configuration overall. HD and RAM for instance, are weighted far less, until they fall at or below specs we have seen mentioned in interviews and such. It is based off existing information, and as such, is as accurate as I could make it at this time.

I can also tweak it, as more accurate information and data is gathered, such as feedback from the community or Epic themselves, so that it can become an "official" tool if it performs well enough.. I know a lot of components are still missing, such as various CPU models or graphics cards.. For the sake of my sanity I have lumped them into slightly broader categories, as an 8800 GTS 320 won't affect a system score THAT differently from an 8800 GTX 756, for example, compared to an 8800 vs a 7900. With time and demand, I will add more specific choices.

With that out of the way, here it is, and I hope it is useful to all.

http://www.ut2341.com/UT3SystemScore/
                  Too Bad It Does Not Show The ATI X1950 Crossfire Setup. I run 2 ATI X1950 Video Cards Nor Does It List The AMD 6000+ Cpu. I have to agree once you get all the info I think this could be a good tool for those who want to know if they will be able to run UT3 or not. Good Job Dude

Comment

Killalot: well, whether you have a system that is already well equipped to play, or one that is barely sufficient, I am betting RAM won't make it able to play that noticeably smoother except on a small cross-section of configurations. I may tweak the RAM weights a bit, but I have to be careful or it will make it quite innacurate. I am less concerned with more RAM enhancing performance, than I am with less RAM hindering it.

Comment

Originally posted by TensorWM View Post
                      rofl. remove the nv9800. the card isnt even out yet, and thers no word on wether it exists or not.
                      I put it there because it will probably be available in Nov and is scored reasonably compared to the 8800 based on speculation. If others think it should be removed then I will, but I am trying to help people get a view of a wide range of potential systems, not necessarily what they have at this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by GrimReaper View Post
                        Too Bad It Does Not Show The ATI X1950 Crossfire Setup. I run 2 ATI X1950 Video Cards Nor Does It List The AMD 6000+ Cpu. I have to agree once you get all the info I think this could be a good tool for those who want to know if they will be able to run UT3 or not. Good Job Dude
                        I haven't read very much data on ATi cards yet - links to reviews and comparisons with nVidia would help.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                          For the sake of my sanity I have lumped them into slightly broader categories, as an 8800 GTS 320 won't affect a system score THAT differently from an 8800 GTX 756
                          the 8800 GTX punches numbers faster than the 8800 GTS, and its pretty noticeable.

8800 GTX SLi vs 8800 GTS SLi
                          8800 GTX vs 8800 GTS

http://www.hothardware.com/articles/...rmance_Update/

Comment

I guess more RAM only lowers the amount of occasional stuttering and loading times. If you have very little RAM like 512 (will UT3 really run?), I think you will experience a lot of stuttering.

Comment

Ummz a core quad, 9800's in SLI, 15,000rpm hdd and 4gb of ram dont even get you 26

I would expect that to hit like 30 :lol:

Comment

Working...
                              X