• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone worries cheats on PC?

Comment

Originally posted by icecone View Post
      Anyone worries cheats on PC?
      And He said "Let there be PURE"...

Seriously, there will be anti-cheats written almost as fast as cheats are. And many people don't play on public servers anyway, so don't have to worry about it.

Please, though, do NOT make another UTDC*! That's a horrible solution! You don't know how many complaints I've heard about it (in IRC and from friends). Luckily, I'm on Linux, so I just got a UTDC_dll.u instead of all the apparently incompatible versions that Windows players get.

*For those that don't know UTDC is a crappy anti-cheat .dll thing for UT1. You download it, and you have to restart to install (I've heard lots of complaints about this, and I complained myself when it first came out). Noobs don't know what's going on, they just think UT crashed and come bug me in IRC -_- Also, UTDC_18.dll is not compatible with UTDC_20.dll; I've seen many a UTDC problem solved by removing the older version so the server could send them the new one. It's a huge pain in the *** (for Windows users, anyway; dunno about Mac).

I do laugh when I look up in the chatbox and see "{uX}FoRsAkEn_OnE is not being checked because of incompatible OS". Silly "anti-cheat".

(btw, I don't cheat, I just think it's funny that this very troublesome - and, unfortunately, popular - anti-cheat couldn't even see any leet linux hacks I may have )

Comment

Working...
      X