This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 on 360, cool?

I realise that many people in this forum are getting the PC version(windows/mac/linux)
    But why? Because you played ut2004 on PC?
    I'm thinking about getting it on 360. (I know details are not out yet, suppose there is no keyboard and mouse support and mods only in xbox live marketplace once a while)
    Will that be cool?
    Playing with a controller isn't that bad anyway.
    But will the xboxlive be as lag as in GOW?

no people play on pc because of the options, keyboard / mouse support. Better graphics and so on.

No theres no keyboard or mouse support on the 360 and yes it will lag like gears

Comment

A PS3 is fine, too.

Comment

Originally posted by icecone View Post
        I realise that many people in this forum are getting the PC version(windows/mac/linux)
        Because I am a PC gamer, Sherlock. I'm not gonna buy a console for one game, especially when the combination of smoother controls & editing/configuration capabilities on the PC blow either console version away.

The 360 version won't be out until next year anyway.

Comment

Yes, and because its better. Its the proper true platform, with full potential for all things UT, including precision aiming from the mouse, and full modding support with an editor, and because a PC is multipurpose (not just games) and so is therefore worth spending money on.

I have a wii to play console games on, its a great system (except for power), however i think all FPS's generally play better overall on a PC.

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
          Because I am a PC gamer, Sherlock. I'm not gonna buy a console for one game, especially when the combination of smoother controls & editing/configuration capabilities on the PC blow either console version away.

The 360 version won't be out until next year anyway.
          This also.

Comment

I realise that many people in this forum are getting the PC version(windows/mac/linux) But why? Because you played ut2004 on PC?
            That's part of it, but also many of us are PC folk, may not even have a console, or just quite frankly want to play with keyboard, mouse, and all the accoutrements that come with our PC's. Whereas often a console is in front of the TV and it's a different experience.

(though I had my X360 connected via component to my Gateway 24" widescreen monitor and it was amazing - I had it next to my PC and could console game at my computer desk)

I'm thinking about getting it on 360. (I know details are not out yet, suppose there is no keyboard and mouse support and mods only in xbox live marketplace once a while) Will that be cool?
            I think that FPS games like UT, Quake, CS and Halo are best played with keyboard and mouse. I think other games like Ghost Recon and Call of Duty are just fine for consoles and controllers. Others like Gears of War are really built for consoles.

Probably a little more optimized that Gears of War, considering Epic will have had over a year to fine tune their engine and their levels for it.

Comment

Because playing UT3 on a PC is 100 more times enjoyeble than on a console without a keyboard and mouse, and even though PS3 will support it i don't think most of us who have a high end system will cough up an console next to it just for the fun of it...
              I'm thinking about getting it on 360. (I know details are not out yet, suppose there is no keyboard and mouse support and mods only in xbox live marketplace once a while)
              Will that be cool?
              Right now there's alot more known about the UT3 PS3 version, you can play with keyboard/mouse, you have the ability to convert ingame stuff such as models, maps and mods to your PS3 version and you get to play within a mixed community of both UT3 PC and PS3 gamers, i'm not sure how many of these features will settle in the Xbox 360 version of it..

If your going to buy an Xbox 360 don't do it for UT3 but for all the other nice games that already have been released for it, if you want to play UT3 that bad and on a console i suggest you wait untill the game get's released and then buy the console with the game, it even might drop in price a little by the time you buy it.
              Again such info plus alot more isn't known yet about the Xbox version...

Comment

I play on my pc cause i can play, at the same time watch movies or tv shows on my second monitor, i can listen to music and i can create custom content for ut3... pc > console forever

Comment

And you can do actual work on your computer, It's kinda hard using photoshop and layout programs on a console, so why not have a beefy PC and have the gaming aspect for free?

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                    And you can do actual work on your computer, It's kinda hard using photoshop and layout programs on a console, so why not have a beefy PC and have the gaming aspect for free?
                    I do agree completely.

And, plus, if you want to create any mod/char/map/etc to the game, it is possible only using a PC.

About the controller, there are USB console controllers for PC gaming use

Comment

I don't have a powerful graphics card
                      Do you think a 8600M GT will run it well?

Comment

Depends on what you mean by well, it should be enough to run it at medium res and medium detail fine.

Comment

Playing Unreal with gamepad is like playing Tekken with keyboard.. Even worse.

Comment

The 360 version will realese next year. It will be painful to wait for xbox360 owners.

I'm glad to see that ut3 is time exc. ( for ps3 )

Comment

Originally posted by Sfred View Post
                              I'm glad to see that ut3 is time exc. ( for ps3 )
                              It isn't, you're forgetting the PC version.

Comment

Working...
                              X