• Show
Clear All

@ Green_Day_584

NaPali is not a Skaarj planet.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
      @ Green_Day_584

NaPali is not a Skaarj planet.
      It's a Skaarj conquered planet, Napali is the homeworld of the Nali, Skaarj are alien invaders that conquer and enslave other worlds, it so happens with the Krall (new playable race introduced in UT3) they were conquered by the Skaarj and enslaved being added to the Skaarj army, in UT3 however it seems they serve the Necris dunno why yet.
      Also the nuking of the planet was a plan created by Aida from U2 and was a trap for the Skaarj they lured them into a human world and nuked the planet into oblivion, they did indeed wiped most of the Skaarj and won the war but at the cost of all the humans present in that planet that were sacrificed in order for the plan to work that's why Aida hates the NEG in U2 because her original plan didn't include the sacrifice of all those humans

Comment

I know the full story.

That girl in U2 is Aida (and not Eida) and she has a kind of teddy bear called Taiko

You don't need to know the whole Unreal Universe history to enjoy the game, but it is fun to research it.

Comment

Originally posted by [RATS]P3gAsVs View Post
          It's a Skaarj conquered planet, Napali is the homeworld of the Nali, Skaarj are alien invaders that conquer and enslave other worlds, it so happens with the Krall (new playable race introduced in UT3) they were conquered by the Skaarj and enslaved being added to the Skaarj army, in UT3 however it seems they serve the Necris dunno why yet.
          The Nali were enslaved and oppressed by the Skaarj. The Krall were working for the Skaarj as underpaid Mercenaries. The reason the Krall are working for the Necris is the same I imagine. The Krall in Unreal were not enslaved but weren't treated very well either.

Comment

Unreal universe history is posted on the website:

http://www.unrealtournament2004.com/.../timeline.html

That timeline does not include anything about UT3 or UC2, unfortunately. And since people always ask, the events of UT3 do take place before the events of UC2.

Comment

The whole part about the tournaments came about when Liandri being a mining company was having labor issues with it's deep space minors due to poor pay and working conditions. Liandri staged arena style matches to quell the dissent (Rome did the same thing with the Collesium and us with Reality TV). The fights became so popular Liandri realized it could make more off of the fights then off of mining. Other corporations such as Axon and Izanagi jumped into the business as well and through broadcasting and gladiator sponsorship it became the most popular sport in history.

Comment

Originally posted by [RATS]P3gAsVs View Post
                Krall were present on Napali, they were in Unreal. What should be said is they were once a previously hostile race who served the Skaarj, but now are a playable race serving under the Necris. We can assume, then, that the Skaarj have either pledged the Krall to assisting the Necris in eradicating humanity, or the Krall were rescued from the Skaarj.

A lot in the story is left uncovered which can be said is a good thing. We don't know very much about the company that made the Necris - How did they get so much money, anyway, if they're so secretive and hush hush? Are they behind the Necris attacks? We'll just have to wait and see.

Edit: It also seems odd to me and perhaps a mistake that Thundercrash are named as a government task force in the UT2004 Timeline there to defend the Izanagi, simply because Axon are the NEG's military arms producers. Axon is the equivalent to General Electric, Boeing, and Colt, rolled into one, put in relation with the United States Army.

Why would the NEG be sending special forces to defend a company that is hostile with a NEG-partnered company? It's like shooting yourself in the foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhound View Post
                  Why would the NEG be sending special forces to defend a company that is hostile with a NEG-partnered company? It's like shooting yourself in the foot.[/i]
                  Well... USA trained Bin Laden and gave him weapons in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by utzBluesman View Post
                    Well... USA trained Bin Laden and gave him weapons in the past.
                    True. But now he fits as a convenient "enemy" so BushCo can grab Iraq's oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Green_Day_584 View Post
                      am i the only person who knows the story here? i mean the ENTIRE story...
                      Nope....... the mods know it pretty well also

Comment

There's a story?

Comment

Originally posted by blitzinger View Post
                          There's a story?
                          YES, there is

Comment

There a place to read about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
                              Unreal universe history is posted on the website:

http://www.unrealtournament2004.com/.../timeline.html

That timeline does not include anything about UT3 or UC2, unfortunately. And since people always ask, the events of UT3 do take place before the events of UC2.
                              I don't fully accept that timeline tbh, it has many inconsistencies.

Comment

Originally posted by HavokChaos View Post
                                Here's my question, in all my fragging and flag running, I may have missed the story here.

Anyone know what the "Mining Corporations" that began the whole mess and started the "bloody exhibitions" were harvesting?

My guess is probably..I dunno...Rock Candy? I hear strawberry is rare in some places...

Was there ever any elaborate story ever written on this that im missing?

Whats your views on the battle's beginning (Theoretically of course)..

The story in UT is really just an excuse to let you kill people. You're not missing much I imagine.

Comment

Working...
                                X