Concerning the story...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concerning the story...

Here's my question, in all my fragging and flag running, I may have missed the story here.

Anyone know what the "Mining Corporations" that began the whole mess and started the "bloody exhibitions" were harvesting?

My guess is probably..I dunno...Rock Candy? I hear strawberry is rare in some places...

Was there ever any elaborate story ever written on this that im missing?

Whats your views on the battle's beginning (Theoretically of course)..

If you're asking for the backstory as it stands at the moment I'd be interested in it as well.

Comment

i know! they were harvesting "tarydium". the stuff used to make biosludge and the rounds for the stinger. havn't any people actually PLAYED Unreal and Unreal 2: The Awakening?

Comment

Originally posted by HavokChaos View Post

Anyone know what the "Mining Corporations" that began the whole mess and started the "bloody exhibitions" were harvesting?
        I always assumed it was just your standard minerals mining companies, and I never thought that part held any importance to the rest of the plot.

Comment

I played a little UT2, dont remember nothing about tarydium.

As far as I can tell, the future is pretty much run by mega-corporations like Liandri which host the games. Not sure if theres any actual government in place that have power, but i do remember hearing something about a UED. And as we all should know, the Skar'j(spelling?) fought the humans almost to the brink of destruction. I hope someone else can elaborate more and fix anything i may have gotten wrong as my main info source are the AS maps in UT2k4.

Comment

im pretty sure they would have been mining Tarydium, they usually are mining that stuff as its the key thing in the Unreal world, it was pretty much what the original Unreal was based around.

Comment

well, heres the ENTIRE unedited story....
              here goes.

The skaarj planet of Na Pali was descovered when a prison ship, called the vortex rikers, crashed on it due to it unnatuurally large gravitaional feild. The only survivor (your character) is then used by the new earth government to recover the gold cores from a military ship crashed on na pali. He then escapes...

The skaarj, now aware of humans, launch an all out assult on them accross the galaxy, attempting to wipe them out. the skaarj are defeated when the humans do a retarded "star wars style" death star destroy.

The strider wars then begin (yet more skaarj) and attack the galaxy again. The tarydium mining companies (liandri, izanagi, etc) have been mining for tarydium all this time. Anyhow, the NEG use some girl named Eida (from U 2: TA) and she orders the destruction of the planet tyhe skaarj were on by "nuking it to oblivion". She then hates the NEG, because millins of innocent people where killed.

All this time during tarydium mining, the miners were restless and fought and killed for fun. That is the reason for UNREAL TOURNAMENT.

I hope ypou enjoyed that ;D

Comment

The government is called the NEG, or New Earth Government.

Edit: ****, didn't see the post before mine. :P

Comment

BTW I'm making a site dedicated to the events leading to UT, so just hold your horses and schtuff dudes.. It will be intense.

Comment

am i the only person who knows the story here? i mean the ENTIRE story...

Comment

lol, problably. Not many of us pay attention when were fragging or some of us havent played UT or UT 2. *coughmecough*

Comment

lol ;D

Comment

I think many skip the details of the "back story" and just want to get on to the fun stuff - which is giblets splattering across the maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Alucard View Post
                            As far as I can tell, the future is pretty much run by mega-corporations...
                            Isn't that what we have now in the real world?

Comment

Interesting Story Green Day.

I've played UT, U2:TA, UT2003, UT2004. Might've played U. Didn't have much impact on me though. U2 was a bit tame too.

Still, its nice to know the backstory so I can keep up with any story this time. cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X