X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by ADiTheMAN View Post
    think this is another gamemode from EPIC which wont be used :<
    No way it will be unused. Many people do 1vs1. People who wana have fun but that doesn't have 5 friends that play UT so they can just pick one and do a straigh 1v1. Also those lamers in public DM servers who keep asking for 1v1 becaue either they hate you or you are owning everybody.

It's sure though that there will be less people doing 1v1 than people on warefare. 1v1 = 2 players while warefare could be like 20-30 players and duel is more for experienced players than newbies.

Even if Epic just put a duel gametype like that UT2004 mod, I'll be more than happy and it will be 1000x better than nothing at all. Bracket system like Quake 4 are useless if you can't fill up a whole server and have them stay during the whole tourney. If it was already hard to play a match of Warcraft 3 without having his teammate dropping on you to go eat or whatever, image what it would be if you would need 8-10 players. But that could still works, given the popularity of UT. However stuff with "parralel match at the same time" gotta be much harder to program/build than standard duel with queue.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A duel mode with brackets sounds really really cool imo. Too bad Epic won't implement it. But, since there will probably be some kind of competitive mod made (like UTComp), I hope its creators will add that in.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    me neither. this wont take off. only duel mode ive seen take off was a tournament mode with bracket system and multiple matches at same time. think this is another gamemode from EPIC which wont be used :<

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't see it taking off. Proper 1v1 games are usually at least 10 mins, so you could have a long wait. Maybe if you could go into other servers while waiting it would be acceptable.
    Be nicer if it was like Rocket Arena, that's the only way I see it working. Multiple 1v1 designed arenas, and short 1 minute games, winner stays on.
    Also worked well for 2v2.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Epic talked about the Duel game type in the IRC chat. It's 1on1, winner stays on. loser drops to the back of the queue.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    Right, one shot and next round starts, sounds horrible.
    Hahahha! Not elimination dude. In duel it's still something like 10min limit or 20 kill. I wonder what will be the default settings cause they better be good since most servers and all newbies will run on the default stuff most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your quite right, if you both started facing eachother in a small arena it would just plain SUCK. But if it uses normal (small 1v1) DM maps and you start on opposite ends of the map it would be ok.

Really some of the shoot outs i saw back in ut99 instagib LMS were crazy.. some really skilled players out there. It would take alot more then 1 shot before they are getting hit i can tell you! lol

You wouldnt just charge over to them and die (unless you suck) you would use the map to your advantage and try to catch your opponent out (like hunting your pray :P ) and try to avoid being shot first.. thats basically the IDEA anyway. It would be like sudden death.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    1v1s are typically played for a period of time, say 15 minutes, and whoever has the most frags at the end of that time is declared the winner.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like the sound of this new 1vs1 game mode.. i think it would be great with instagib!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The tournament mode in Quake 4 was a buggy POS that constantly crashed. Only the duel mode, with just a single 1v1 at a time ever functioned without consistent crashing. And any losers in the tournament mode had to wait until it was completely over before they were allowed to play again.

I dont think the 1v1 mode itself will be the problem, I think it will be the map selection for 1v1ing which will determine if its successful or not. Most regular deathmatch maps dont function well for 1v1ing, atleast not without some changes. So it will probably come down to custom maps for playability.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I personally don't think y'all should worry about the 1v1 mode. I mean seriously, just get a person to play, find a 1v1 server and play . How hard can it be

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ADiTheMAN View Post
    bah, this ****** me a bit off since the tournament mode with a bracket and multiple 1v1s at the same time on the server is so much more wanted as a duel mode than the winner stays, and loser is out, and people wait in line to play the winner. shame they didnt put effort in making it happen. :<
    Heh, you've been 4 houres quicker than me as I was about to post that chat log. It's indeed sad they didn't do tournament bracket with multiples 1v1 at the same time as many people will leave the server cause they don't want to wait 5 x 10min before being able to play... but at least we got something, unlike in UT2004.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They most likely had to put a lot of time into war and the ps3 version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Seems like a bit less than they promised in the beginning. (surprise)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X