Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 1v1 mode

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Never played Quake. Or HALO. Or anything non-Unreal.

    Explain what you're looking for.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by ADiTheMAN View Post
      this isnt the tournamentbracket system i ment.... this is just the oldskool.. winners stays. and losers gets replaced.... we need something in UT3 like Quake 4 had.
      Sounds like rocket arena.

      Comment


        #18
        Quake 4?

        Try Quake 1

        Losers gets replaced by new dude in line, thats Quake Arena or whatever it was called. Kinda fun though and everyone in line had to spectate the match behind a invisible wall.

        Comment


          #19
          ive already explained it in my first post...... read people read! :>

          Originally posted by ADiTheMAN View Post
          Me personally so hopes they have something like Quake 4 had: At the start people are in warmup mode till the server is full (in example 8 players), when all the 8 slots are full the warmpup ends, and the server makes a tournamentbracket (1/4 final 1/2 final and final) then there will be 4 1v1 games on the server at the same time (on top u could follow the standings in the other 1v1 matches) after the timelimit hits, losers are out, and the winners go to the 1/2 finals... etc.... this system was SO cool about Q4... i loved it

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
            Never played Quake. Or HALO. Or anything non-Unreal.

            Explain what you're looking for.
            He already did:
            Originally posted by ADiTheMAN View Post
            Me personally so hopes they have something like Quake 4 had: At the start people are in warmup mode till the server is full (in example 8 players), when all the 8 slots are full the warmpup ends, and the server makes a tournamentbracket (1/4 final 1/2 final and final) then there will be 4 1v1 games on the server at the same time (on top u could follow the standings in the other 1v1 matches) after the timelimit hits, losers are out, and the winners go to the 1/2 finals... etc.... this system was SO cool about Q4... i loved it
            Sounds nice, wonder if Epic can top that with something better.

            Comment


              #21
              Read?

              I always learnt to speak first and think later doesnt that apply here?

              Comment


                #22
                Man, tht gameplay sounds friggin sweet. If its not in UT3, someone should defenitely mod it.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Molgan View Post
                  He already did:


                  That has nothing to do with the post he quoted.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post


                    That has nothing to do with the post he quoted.
                    Huh? You asked "Explain what you're looking for". He had already done that in his first post. Now I see he even quoted himself just before I posted, so now it has been explained 3 times in total. ^^

                    Comment


                      #25
                      duel mode can be interesting, keeps the 3+ dm list from being spammified :P

                      Comment


                        #26
                        I love 1 vs 1 ing

                        Comment


                          #27
                          I hope Epic makes a serious attempt at this gametype, given how vocal the community for it is. Though I don't play it much myself, the whole 1v1 experience could be a lot of fun, in theory. I hope Epic gives us some new thinking on this, instead of just rehashing what some other company did months or years ago.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
                            I hope Epic makes a serious attempt at this gametype, given how vocal the community for it is.
                            I do hope too! 1vs1 is the most useful gametype. I mean, no need to mess around to try to find 4-5 dudes in order to play a nice DM/TDM. You can just find 1 friend and then you have a great match. Also what you think is being played the most in competitions... 1vs1! And since it's Unreal TOURNAMENT, the name says it all, it must have a tournament gametype.

                            Originally posted by Alucard View Post
                            Man, tht gameplay sounds friggin sweet. If its not in UT3, someone should defenitely mod it.
                            Yeah it's sure but the sad thing about mods is that you'll find very few people on them, at least much less than official stuff and you know, most leagues like CAL/TWL... just use the official gametypes (Team Arena Master is an exception) so even if we would have a killer mod, it would be hard to enjoy it anytime and anywhere.

                            Originally posted by Frogger View Post
                            http://www.proasm.com/ut/duelgame40.html
                            i hadn't heard it was included in UT3, but if interested this gametype has existed for a while...
                            Holy f****** sh*t!!! This is THE mod I've been looking for, for many months but could never find it anywhere. There used to be 2 awesome server who ran this mod 24/24. Seriously it was the good old time... until they get both shutdown. I was owning so much at this mod since it was all about pure skills and not "who's the best at getting most lame pickups such as SuperShield and DD".

                            Comment


                              #29
                              i havent heard anything about it at all, sounds....different but interesting

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                                Sounds like rocket arena.
                                exactly, just 1v1. Tho in previous games, all you had to do was to have common courtesy and let someone else have a turn if you lost.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X