The 1v1 mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 1v1 mode

Is there any info about the (new) 1v1 mode? Coz i cant find much about it.

Does the winner stay and the losers is out, and there are people in line waiting to play vs the winner?

Me personally so hopes they have something like Quake 4 had: At the start people are in warmup mode till the server is full (in example 8 players), when all the 8 slots are full the warmpup ends, and the server makes a tournamentbracket (1/4 final 1/2 final and final) then there will be 4 1v1 games on the server at the same time (on top u could follow the standings in the other 1v1 matches) after the timelimit hits, losers are out, and the winners go to the 1/2 finals... etc.... this system was SO cool about Q4... i loved it

anyway... anyone who could give some more info about the new 1v1 mode?

Originally posted by ADiTheMAN View Post
    Is there any info about the (new) 1v1 mode? Coz i cant find much about it... anyone who could give some more info about the new 1v1 mode?
    Other than the name duel on the screen in the background, I haven't seen or read anything, and I'm fairly up to date on interviews, etc.

Sorry.

Comment

Wow I would personaly love to have that in UT3. That sounds like a very very cool game mode. Haveing a ladder system ingame like that. I would love to see that to be honest.

Comment

Reminds me of Jk2, the duel mode ingame was very cool idd.

Comment

I don't believe this will be out in UT3.
          Forget it man !

Comment

I think they did confirm a Tourney-mode idea like Q4.

Comment

I think UT3 will have it, positively sure

Comment

Thats a very good idea. Make it happen!

Comment

Could you please post the source of your information.
                  Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Nasic View Post
                    Reminds me of Jk2, the duel mode ingame was very cool idd.
                    I agree

Comment

Originally posted by ADiTheMAN View Post
                      Is there any info about the (new) 1v1 mode? Coz i cant find much about it.

Does the winner stay and the losers is out, and there are people in line waiting to play vs the winner?
                      Yeah, I think it work's like UC2's Survival mode, so it's pretty much 1on1 deathmatch with a queue for killed players.

Comment

http://www.proasm.com/ut/duelgame40.html

i hadn't heard it was included in UT3, but if interested this gametype has existed for a while...

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger View Post
                          http://www.proasm.com/ut/duelgame40.html

i hadn't heard it was included in UT3, but if interested this gametype has existed for a while...
                          There is no reason to assume that that duel has any correlation with EPIC's duel, other than the implied dueling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                            There is no reason to assume that that duel has any correlation with EPIC's duel, other than the implied dueling.
                            i agree. there just seemed to be interest in the gametype..trying to spread the joy..

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                              this isnt the tournamentbracket system i ment.... this is just the oldskool.. winners stays. and losers gets replaced.... we need something in UT3 like Quake 4 had.

Comment

Working...
                              X