Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German Forum

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    German Forum

    Hello

    Exist a german Forum?
    Please answere...

    sorry for my bad english

    #2
    Germans and their insistence to divide themselves from the rest of the world.

    Comment


      #3
      knowing that a lot of the information about UT3 is in German i doubt there wouldnt be a forum in German but i dont know where it is sorry mate

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
        Germans and their insistence to divide themselves from the rest of the world.
        Think about the older people from former Eastern Germany. They never had English in school.




        Originally posted by :Pa!nk!||3r View Post
        Hello

        Exist a german Forum?
        Please answere...

        sorry for my bad english

        There isn't a German forum here. But there are a few German communiites out there.

        http:// www.unrealbase.de for example

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
          Germans and their insistence to divide themselves from the rest of the world.
          People from Svenska and their need to act as if they were cosmopolitans. They even refused the Euro.

          And it's separate!

          Comment


            #6
            Yeah the above one is the most active one.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
              Think about the older people from former Eastern Germany. They never had English in school.
              Those exist in most nations, but Germans dub everything, here in Sweden only movies meant for children are dubbed, all movies meat for teens and above are at worst subbed in cinemas, and usually neither subbed nor dubbed.

              If you ever travel through Germany check out the TV channels, the majority of the content is in German, in most European nations it's mostly in English. (Here in Sweden it's 8~ Swedish channels and 30+ English once)

              It just seems that they don't want contact with the English language, I've been on way too many forums and IRC channels not to have picked it up, Germans and Russians are the 2 nationalities I've come across that most frequently refuse to speak English even in English only channels/forums, while most other nationalities stick to English online, Nordic nations and countries speaking English most of all of course.

              Originally posted by Nietzsche View Post
              People from Svenska and their need to act as if they were cosmopolitans. They even refused the Euro.

              And it's separate!
              "Svenska" is the language, the word you're looking for is "Sverige" which is the nation.

              We are still a large part of the European Union, the UK and Denmark both declined to adopt the Euro also, all 3 nations had their reasons, but give it time and we will join, there was some trepidation over the stability of the Euro around the time we Swedes voted, I voted yes since I travel a lot and frequently order stuff from abroad but many didn't feel ready and were not certain, the main argument of the no voters was that it was better to wait and see, since a no vote now just meant a delay until we vote again, it's not a permanent no, and a yes is more or less permanent, I see their point and we Swedes have a habit of being cautious, give it 4-8 years and we will join.

              Comment


                #8
                I agree with KriLL3, also french people tend to dislike english, but nowhere near as much as germans.

                Hi KriLL3 long time no see btw.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                  [...]
                  We are still a large part of the European Union, the UK and Denmark both declined to adopt the Euro also, all 3 nations had their reasons, but give it time and we will join, there was some trepidation over the stability of the Euro around the time we Swedes voted, I voted yes since I travel a lot and frequently order stuff from abroad but many didn't feel ready and were not certain, the main argument of the no voters was that it was better to wait and see, since a no vote now just meant a delay until we vote again, it's not a permanent no, and a yes is more or less permanent, I see their point and we Swedes have a habit of being cautious, give it 4-8 years and we will join.
                  A large part of the EU, landsize-wise you probably are correct :> You make up 2.5% of the GDP which is not that large a part to me. 9 Million people out of 500 Million isn't that large a part either.
                  And it's really gracious of you that you will join the Euro when it's assured that it is a success, that's the way to build a confederation.
                  The attitude to suck up to the USA/UK and bash other nations is really p00. Good for you that you can write/read/speak/understand english, don't blame others if they can't, especially when they write their question _in_ _english_ !
                  And to broaden your perspective a bit, check out this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubbing...king%29#Europe
                  You will realize that we are not the only ones that dub their films. Probably you do know that german was THE language in science till WWII, there is a reason why there was no need to speak english for us, we did pretty well without it. Till 1964 latin was the first foreign language in schools and it would be a pretty bad move for any tv-channel to show their shows in english (or any other language different to german) as this would reduce their potential marketshare to about 5% (even people who had english in school would not be interested or able to enjoy shows that are presented in english, as their knowledge of the language would have dimmished by now).

                  cheers.

                  *edit: btw from my knowledge of scandinavian tv ALL shows are subbed (I watched a lot of scandinavian tv for about 2 years, till 7 years ago).

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Nietzsche View Post
                    it would be a pretty bad move for any tv-channel to show their shows in english (or any other language different to german) as this would reduce their potential marketshare to about 5% (even people who had english in school would not be interested or able to enjoy shows that are presented in english, as their knowledge of the language would have dimmished by now).
                    Thanks for making my point for me, here most watch/read/listen to mostly English media, we sit down and watch shows all in English and we don't even think twice about it.

                    Sweden is a cornerstone of the world's technology industry and innovation, yes we're small but we have a big footprint in science and tech you can't argue that, yes I agree that it was quite cowardly not to adopt the Euro, but as said I voted yes, I'm quite certain a vote now would end up being yes.

                    We Swedes are a bit cautious by nature.

                    Originally posted by Grim View Post
                    I agree with KriLL3, also french people tend to dislike english, but nowhere near as much as germans.
                    They're a bit odd, if you start out with a greeting in halting French they don't mind you asking the rest in English, but try to greet them in English and you're most often ignored.

                    Originally posted by Grim View Post
                    Hi KriLL3 long time no see btw.
                    /waves

                    Comment


                      #11
                      German Unreal Tournament Community:
                      http://utzone.de

                      Comment


                        #12
                        How many swedish UT communities do you know of?

                        I think they are fairly easy to count because I dont know of any.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I know of a couple, but most Swedes doesn't stick together like that from my experience, and those that do only play CS 24/7.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                            Thanks for making my point for me, here most watch/read/listen to mostly English media, we sit down and watch shows all in English and we don't even think twice about it. [...]
                            I tried to point out to you that there is a good reason for the german lack of knowledge when it comes to the english language, first there was no need to translate anything because everything already was in german (before WWII) and later there was no particular point in time where a transition would have been suitable.

                            And you obviously didn't grasp the essence of the Euro topic either, OBVIOUSLY you/sweden would agree to it now, it's the strongest currency in the world. And I didn't refer to your vote in particular either, I was just generalizing, like you did before.

                            The good thing is that besides being dumb, fat and ignorant we are also ****ing rich, so there really is no need for us to care about what you think.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
                              knowing that a lot of the information about UT3 is in German i doubt there wouldnt be a forum in German but i dont know where it is sorry mate
                              look in my signature

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X