In-game advertising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In-game advertising

First off, will UT3 feature in-game advertising?

Yes or No?

To discuss pros and cons of in-game ads, please visit this thread.

Originally posted by SKaREO View Post
    First off, will UT3 feature in-game advertising?
    It will not, at least there has been no mention of it and there hasn't been a hint of it in any gameplay videos.

Comment

If there will be ads in the game during play i will NOT buy it.
      Simply i pay for the game not for extra ads during the game.
      Some exeptions are in the beginning, like the one's who made it (e.g.epic etc) and Nvidia and or Ageia.

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=575892

Jeff Morris has already directed discussion of this subject to the above thread. I am not sure another one here is necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
          It will not, at least there has been no mention of it and there hasn't been a hint of it in any gameplay videos.
          That's great news. Not only is it great news, but it is marketable info!!

So many games today have gone down that dark path of bleeding every dollar out of their community, while leaving the server owners/operators to cover the costs. If Epic is not using In-Game Ads then they should be "advertising" that info to gamers. I think people will be very relieved to hear that, I know I am.

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
          http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=575892

Jeff Morris has already directed discussion of this subject to the above thread. I am not sure another one here is necessary.
          I put a link to that thread in the first post, thanks.

Comment

I wouldn't mind it so much if it just a casual picture on a wall or something. It would be better if it could attribute to cheaper game, but that prolly will not happen.

it would not be acceptable if they made you watch videos...

Comment

i would accept it if it would fit, like geek stuff and/or food (e.g. jolt)

edit: ONLY when placed in a non-nag/timeconsuming way. this means e.g. whilst loading a level . NOT during the game (level-shaders etc.)

Comment

Ads would be OK if I see a benefit to it. Like a game that costs $40 instead of $60 but beyond that its shouldn't even be considered. Also a person should have the option of getting the $60 version if they don't want ADs.

Comment

Yep.

If you look really close in one of the older screenshots, you'll see an ad for the Supergib-X (Or "Whupmaster")

Comment

If there is advertisement there is most likely a walkaround anyway but Epic Games is a good games company and smart enough not to do that. Unlike valve or EA I 100% trust them cause they have always made amazing games and im sure they always will

Comment

ingame advertising is fine as long as its game related things, like...
                      Todays new Rocket Launcher! - kill a man with a rocket in the Face and say goodbye!!
                      stuff like that is ok.

Comment

Pros: none
                        Cons: advertising

My concise opinion about advertising in any way, shape or form: GTFO.

Comment

Advertsing is taking over everything...and frankly i am sick of it. I will be incredibly disappointed if Epic desides to adverstise through their game. But, i don't think that will happen so i am not worried.

Getting a little off the main subject but to point out how ludacris advertisers are getting im going to tell you this. I was watching a movie on tv the other night (i think on USA) and during a commercial break there was this ad, it wasn't just any ad, it had in the bottom corner in small print "mini-drama". And this "mini-drama" was close to 10 mins long (could have been an entire segment of a sitcom) and the entire time im sitting there saying what the hell is this? It turned out to be a commercial for a bank that was almost 10 mins long, this i remind you was during a commercial break to a movie on television. I am so tired of all the ads EVERYWHERE!

Comment

In game adverts are NOT ok in any way, shape or form. Passive or not, I have no desire to have any product pushed when I am trying to enjoy a game. I do not pay for the privilege of viewing adverts.

Comment

Ingame advertising would be horrible....behind a tv you can atleast zap to another tv station, but you can´t switch to other games behind your pc. (well it actually can but isn't very practical)

Comment

Working...
                              X