Author for Chaos UT3 web site needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    This position is still open. So if anyone out there is interested, please contact us.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    I'm proficient with HTML, XHTML, CSS and the CS3 suite of applications, mostly Photoshop CS3 Extended and Flash CS3, I'm a semi professional web designer, I got a "regular job" but take assignments as a bonus income, I'll gladly lend a hand for free.
    That's very kind of you, thank you. That's the spirit that makes this whole mod thing work.

To be perfectly honest and open about this though, I'm not sure yet how to proceed. My understanding is that we still need someone who can do the MySQL and PHP stuff that's required to make it all click. Not sure how that would work. If we do get lucky enough to find a volunteer for that, will they want to do the CSS type design/layout stuff as well?

Tried to PM you first but couldn't. Guess one could argue I shouldn't discuss so much of these things publicly, lest I make Chaos look like amateurs. But what the hey, it's not like we're new. I'm just sharing our efforts to update our site. No big deal anyway, we're just regular old modding folks in need of help.

BTW Krill, as I mentioned to Greg in a PM, you're also welcome to register on our forums and get beta tester access, simply because we're grateful for your generous offer. Like I said, I still don't know how this is going to pan out, but you're welcome to help beta test the mod whether you work on the site or not. Just as a thank you for your offer, if you're interested of course (only because early access to the mod and it's development is about all I have to offer in return).

Thangs again guys.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm proficient with HTML, XHTML, CSS and the CS3 suite of applications, mostly Photoshop CS3 Extended and Flash CS3, I'm a semi professional web designer, I got a "regular job" but take assignments as a bonus income, I'll gladly lend a hand for free.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice to meet you Mark.....I'm Greg. The last name is Smith but I don't expect anyone to believe it. LOL Sending you a PM now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you HavokChaos, we're grateful for the support/help.

Bersey - nothing but respect for people who actually work for a living, most of us do as well. But for about a decade now Chaos has been created by all volunteer work. Naturally we've had some expenses over the years, for domain names and whatnot, but when it comes to actual labor, we all work for free. We're looking for someone who will do the same - and who can afford to spare the time of course, we realize not everyone can. But I thank you for the reply just the same.

çyßêrhåwk - Thanks for the reply! The decisions won't be mine alone, if at all, but I'll pass along your offer. It might help if sometime you can stop by our IRC and chat with myself or MassChaos a bit more in detail about what lies beyond those links, and what parts are your original work. Or PM/email some info to us if you want. (oh, and maybe a first name would be great, I don't even know where some of those keys are at on my keyboard! I'm Mark by the way).

Thanks guys.

We hope to bring a pretty nice looking mod to UT3, would be great to have a nice looking site to go with it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you need any custom artwork for your new site, I'd be more than willing to help out. You can check out some of my work by following the links listed in my signature below.

cyber

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, I don't have much free time for volunteer work, otherwise I would, but if you eventually decide you might want to consider some "other" kind of arrangement, I have been doing websites professionally for about 10 years now.

I am proficient in HTML, CSS, PHP/MySQL, JavaScript, & Flash and also majored in art.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey! looking forward to ChaosUT3!
    I know a few people in the field, and will be sending them this link, here's hoping for you guys!

Keep up the great work!

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Author for Chaos UT3 web site needed

Author for Chaos UT3 web site needed

This is a sort of first-pass post, which serves as a 'draft' for me in writing about this, but also just in the off chance we get a volunteer or two before I have to put more effort into a larger recruitment post and so forth. So far this is an edited version of post I made in our dev forums.

We have a team in place for UT3, and work has already begun. So now, the next thing on the list is that we are in need of a new web site, and/or entire new integrated web 'presence'.

MassChaos has been faithfully executing this type of web need for years now (the Chaos site, the Nali City '2' site, etc), but currently is very busy with RealLife. The plan is to seek help in designing a new web site, to do it soon, and to basically do whatever it takes to make this happen.

The person placed in charge of this will have to be creative, with PHP and MySQL experience, and should be able to develop locally on his own machine. This person will author/create the entire site(s), and will have a very long creative leash to do so. However, they will still in fact be under Mass' general direction. This is simply to ensure that what is created is in fact what we need, and what we can use.

Ideally we revamp everything we have - with these stipulations in mind -

1) we are not leaving BU as our host for UT related sites
    2) we are not leaving our forum url/host
    3) it all has to happen soon, at least get started soon

Ideally our chaotic.org site can act as an up to date portal for our scattered urls. Lacking that however, we still at least need something new for our UT site to reflect the new upcoming Chaos for UT3.

It's a big job. Gonna take someone with cojones to volunteer to take it on. Could be a one-time thing, or it could possibly lead to a full-time team membership, depending on how involved the person(s) want to get.

Either way, there will be plenty of public credit given to those involved. Their name would reside in our readmes and on our online credits page, and of course multiple news posts about them as well.

Chaos gets lots of visitors, if done well it has the potential to be a nice showcase type site(s) for those who wish to have web design examples to show others, like potential employers.

Contact me any way you wish if you are interested.

our current site: http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/
    our forums - http://forums.chaoticdreams.org/index.php
    my email - rflagg@beyondunreal.com
    And we've got IRC out there somewhere too.

Thanks for reading.

edit: btw - if interested, you simply must have online examples of previous work.

edit2: if needed, we'll recruit more than one person. (graphics, code)
Working...
X