Skyboxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'm pretty sure skyboxes are still there, in advanced form. I voted yes, anyhow.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kronos View Post
    Just a sphere mesh with a sky texture on it would do the trick.
    Wouldn't look nice up close though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nirvelli View Post
    That's gotta take more resorces to do, right? To have like a whole 3D sky and space etc.?
    Just a sphere mesh with a sky texture on it would do the trick.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    fog should do the trick yeah

you build it in levels i see what he is saying. thats actually quite easy

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kronos View Post
    In the sky of your level.
    That's gotta take more resorces to do, right? To have like a whole 3D sky and space etc.?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so no more flying into skyboxes and making the sky light up?
    zigactly.

Instead of flying up and up and then *bang* stop dead next to the skybox... you keep flying, then things get darker, and finally you get to see stars and planets, etc... almost 2 skyboxes, the first is the normal one you'd see, then another one showing space.

I remember a WW2 style flight sim game from back when I had a Geforce 4 Ti 4200 that carried out this idea (keep flying up - get to space). I was flying upwards for about 40 mins before getting bored, stalling, and waiting 15 minutes to hit the ground in a ball of flame... good times.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so no more flying into skyboxes and making the sky light up?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Noob Question: Where do you put the clouds and planets and etc. if you have no skybox?
    in the upper box of your map also known as the sky box. -_-'

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i dont really understand skyboxes fully but i would like the UT3 skies to look realistic

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Epic Games should take out the skyboxes in Unreal Tournament, especially on the Warfare maps. Players should be able to see stars if they fly high enough. Halo 3 has no skyboxes, but it's very glitchy.
    Sorry I misread the question.... I thought taking out skyboxes meant leaving the surrounding non-map area black, or some other solid colour. Now I understand I do agree that if you fly high enough you should be able to see other planets, stars, meteors, space craft, etc...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Noob Question: Where do you put the clouds and planets and etc. if you have no skybox?
    In the sky of your level.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, because it was designed SO.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Useless poll. This was decided years ago when developing the engine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I voted no, because they are not in. At least not in the classic form. I imagine they could be simulated with some sort of 360 cam.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X